Laura_hastings TRIP REPORT: TP's worked like a charm for this first timer!

I totally recommend the Deluxe Dining Plan! If you do one character meal and one signature meal a day you definitely get your money’s worth.

2 Likes

Great report thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Your adorable boys in their polos dressed up to meet princesses :heart_eyes:

So glad you had an awesome time! Sounds like your DH is on board with at least one more trip and an upgraded dining plan - job well done!!! Thanks for writing such a detailed report, it was fun to read I have been smiling the whole time :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve been hanging around the forum for a bit, but have never read a trip report (are there others?); I truly enjoyed reading your family’s WDW adventures and seeing all the sweet photos. I’m glad your TPs went well and you had a good experience. (You dissuaded me from planning a quick trip in July…I don’t handle heat well and believe I would have wasted a lot of money and ruined part of the Disney magic for myself, so thanks for being honest about the heat as well.) Best wishes to you and all your boys!

2 Likes

I’m intrigued that FL was more oppressive than what you’re used to in Houston. Is Houston drier? Is it the humidity?

1 Like

Thx! Did you use Kenny the pirate? Is that how you knew Baymax would be out at 11.15?

Loved your trip report! I’m very similar in that I’m all about the rides. I’m taking my DBF39 this summer (who’s never been) on an adult only trip, and I’m struggling with deciding whether to include character M&G or not. On the one hand, he has stated that he really doesn’t have an interest in characters, and is more in my “the more rides the better” camp. On the other hand, it’s his first time, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he HAS to meet characters!!

Houston isn’t any drier. Dallas is which is where we are. I can’t speak to the humidity issue but in Dallas we are used to it being high 90s in the summer but what we aren’t used to is spending 4-5 hours outside in it.

1 Like

First 100-degree day is coming on Sunday…

What a great trip report - loved it. Some great tips too. Your family is super cute :slight_smile:

Thoughts on doing the dessert party with a 2 y/o and 4 y/o? I currently have tix, but have been debating whether to cancel. I’ve done the fireworks shows in the hub without kids many times and the crowds didn’t bother me, but I think it would be very challenging with kids on a crowded night so I currently have the dessert party in our plans. How crowded was the Garden Viewing area?

1 Like

@davej - which night? We’re also considering this. Would be funny if we end up in the garden together.

Are you in Dallas too? I’m just east in Greenville.

yup, just type in “trip report” in the search and you’ll see many of them pop up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trip twinsies! What a great report, and a fantastic trip. We were there about a month earlier, which was hot but not HOT, and most of the time quite pleasant. So much of your report I was nodding and agreeing with, you shared some great advice.

1 Like

We’re in Richardson

I used to work in Richardson!

1 Like

We went in February for exactly this reason and it was in the 90s every. single. day. that week. Forecast said high 70s and then the day we got there it changed to 90s. CMs were like “yeah its unseasonably warm”.

1 Like

Ughhhhh. It’s so lovely this morning! Hard to believe it’ll be that hot so soon!

1 Like

The good news is, the heat didn’t ruin our trip. Just know it will be hot going in, wear cool clothes and get some battery operated fans. The ones we got clipped to our boys stroller and produced serious wind power. Then we could take them with us in line if we wanted. Here’s a pic of how we kept the boys cool. Our 4 yr old could nap with the fan on in the stroller and we knew he wasn’t suffocating :slight_smile:

6 Likes