Laura_hastings TRIP REPORT: TP's worked like a charm for this first timer!

Sounds like a most excellent trip. WTG. Those EMM sound like a good ROI - though you sounded too much like me at the $4/minute comment. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Agree!! And if someone doesn’t have a reluctant four-year-old in tow, you can get even moredone. Id do the TSL EMM again for sure.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan either.

It sounds like your trip was amazing!! Thank you for sharing with us! Your boys are adorable.

1 Like

I am loving your report! This is us too, every time we eat QS we are like why did we do this? I need to sit down in a/c and have someone serve me! :laughing:

6 Likes

Loved the trip report and glad all your stress and planning paid off. Sounds like you all had a fantastic time!

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not the only one! I was starting to feel like a food snob. My husband even said maybe we should do the deluxe dining plan next time :flushed:

2 Likes

LOVED this…thank you so much for sharing. your family is adorable! Wish we had the option for EMM but at this point it isnt available…

2 Likes

I agree and don’t get this. I accidentally stood in the FPP for over 5 minutes. I figured the line was long and hot so it must be SB. When I moved to the SB line it was shorter and shaded.

I wasted precious time in FPP and DH couldn’t sit with us.

1 Like

It was so hot. All day. Every day. I’ll aim for March or December next trip :blush:

1 Like

Great trip report! Thank you for sharing. You have an adorable family (and I love your curls).

2 Likes

I was there in early December and it was awesome! My friends didn’t necessarily agree though, and refused to ride Big Thunder over and over with me at midnight during After Hours. Geez, it was 43 degrees…not snowing or anything! It was the coldest I have ever been in WDW, wore mittens and had to buy a heavy sweatshirt to make it until 1am! Sure beats the heat we usually experience (we go in April most years).

6 Likes

I loved reading this! Looks like a fantastic trip! Thanks for sharing and good to know about HDDR.

Now, the real question. What product did you use on your hair to keep it looking so fabulous?!? Mine always poofs like a cotton ball in the Fl humidity. I need help!

6 Likes

I loved your trip report. Sounds like you a lot done!

1 Like

This is what has been running through my head the entire read!! I look hot, sweaty, and hair all a mess in any picture not taken upon immediate AM arrival at the park!

6 Likes

want to know as well.as well as what makeup? i have a feeling i will be looking like a hot mess the entire time

3 Likes

Ugh. First summer trip next month and I’m dreading the heat + humidity part. Past trips have been in January and February with amazing weather. My current plan, aside from the obvious hydration strategies, is to buy ice cream as often as possible.

That’s a nice view for a standard price…you scored! I agree with you on the pool complex…pretty boring…and the fence around it, which I know is a necessity, ready obstructs any attraction it may have had.

1 Like

@Laura_hastings this is one of the best trip reports I’ve read and I’m only on day 3. Thank you. I’m going in October with DS5 and DS3 so I’m learning a lot from this. I’m going to change some of my TPs around a bit. Fun!

3 Likes

@TheProphetPaul young kids are so fun but add a lot of extra planning! Send me a message any time :blush:

Ha! Well thank you, I felt like a melted popsicle most of the time. My favorite hair products that keep away frizz:

Vavoom Forming gel
Ouidad Climate Control Gel
Once hair is dry, before you walk out the door, spray with Paul Mitchell Fast Drying Sculpting Spray

I think the things that worked best as far as staying in place without feeling heavy were using an oil free tinted moisturizer (in place of foundation and/ or powder), an eyeliner that stays in place and masacara. The other stuff (eye shadow/ blush is all pretty standard)

I used:

Laura Mercier oil free Tinted Moisturizer
Revlon Colorstay eyeliner pen: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen Classic Tip - Blackest Black - 0.04 Fl Oz : Target

L’oreal telescopic mascara

4 Likes