Laura_hastings TRIP REPORT: TP's worked like a charm for this first timer!

I think we handled the heat well because we are “used to it” in Houston. However, in Houston I’m usually in the A/C, in my car (which has A/C) or at a pool during the summer. Heading into a park with lots of walking and outdoor attractions is what causes the sweat to drip down your back all day. Ew! If WDW was in Houston, it would be the same thing. It’s just being outside and walking so much IN the heat that makes you realize how hot it is. It didn’t ruin our trip and I would do another trip during the summer, so it isn’t a deal breaker. But, it definitely makes you get tired faster.

1 Like

The reason we did the Dessert Party was because we have kiddos. A guaranteed spot with a good view and a place to keep my stroller was great peace of mind. If they would have had water in the garden viewing area and suggested everyone sit the whole time, it would have been a near-perfect experience. To be fair, we could have walked back to the restaurant and gotten water or brought bottled water ourselves. We also could have stood at the back railing or at the front railing so my kids could see over the tops of adults heads during the show. So, that’s on us. Since we were paying to feel a little “VIP” I guess we hoped for a few extra perks. With little ones, I think the dessert party is a wonderful idea. I tried to find a picture to show you the “crowd” in the garden viewing area and this was the best one I could find (below). The castle is beyond the picture to the right and the large crowd of adults was standing there in front of us. We had plenty of room to sit and were not squished up against strangers. While waiting for the show to start, my boys were blowing bubbles and had space to walk a bit. I could sit on the ground with my feet stretched out in front of me.

8 Likes

Woah!! Not cool. Literally.

:heart_eyes:

Also from Houston, and I also think we haven’t adjusted to the heat yet at this point in the summer. At least this is what I keep telling myself since we are going in August. I have all summer spend outside and get used to it, right? RIGHT?

Great report!

2 Likes

I think you’re right. When I’m outside with my kids right now I feel like I can’t handle it. But I remember last summer, by August, we were outside a lot more and just dealing with it!

1 Like

thanks again for the awesome trip report!

A friend on the forum sent me a few of the character meet times that I knew I wanted to hit (he got them from Kenny the Pirate), so I put notes in my touring plan. So when I glanced to see what ride was next, there was a note that said “Buzz Lightyear usually meets by Buzz ride at 11:15” to remind me. I only did this for 3-4 characters.

2 Likes

This is a fantastic idea.

1 Like

I am in the same boat (pun intended)! I felt it lacked in length and charm as compared to the DLR version (I felt that way about several of the duplicate rides, but none as glaring as pirates). I do like that they have a ride pic though.

3 Likes

@Laura_hastings
Great trip report, and great trip. Your planning paid off.

1 Like

Your hugging pic in front of the castle is so cute!

3 Likes

I’m so glad your DS got his toy! The pic of your DH on SDD made me howl laughing :joy:

Thanks for sharing! You really killed it. If you hadn’t said, I never would have guessed it was your first trip.

2 Likes

My 4 year old said the same thing last summer after getting off Soarin. It was our second ride after Living witht he Land.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like there is plenty of room compared to the hub. Would you recommend the front railing or back railing for a better view of the castle projections?

What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

BUT, here is the litmus test of whether you are a true Liner … Have you started planning (even if just in your head) your next WDW trip yet?

2 Likes

There was a lot more people at the front railing. They seemed to all be pretty close together. For that reason, I’d recommend the back railing. I could see right over the tops of everyone’s heads from back there.

1 Like

My husband and I were planning WHILE we were in the parks! We are wanting to do an adult Disney trip for my 40th birthday. So I guess the answer is YES!

5 Likes

I’m blushing! So happy it was a success!

2 Likes

rock on…you’re an instant pro

1 Like