Laundry: yay or nay?

How do you feel about doing laundry on your vacay? We are doing 7 nights.

I don’t have that many summer leisure clothes, so I could go out and buy more clothes (which makes me feel a little bad. I don’t really need more clothes in general) or I could plan to throw in a load on our resort day or in the afternoon after we leave the parks. What should I do?!? I want to feel like I’m on vacation and not burden myself (kids are 4 and 1, so I mean, it’s a trip with kids), but if it’s not that bad…

I’ve had trips where I did laundry and those that I did not. When I did it was only one or two loads. I could put both in at the same time and be done.

2 Likes

I do laundry often on our trips that are a week or longer. We go through several outfits per day at Disney when it’s hot and I don’t want to pack 2-3 outfits per day per person.

1 Like

Always

To me there is nothing better than coming home with a suitcase full of clean laundry.

I do it on our off day while we swim or early in the morning when I am up and the family is asleep on a park day

4 Likes

If I am staying DVC I always do laundry.

3 Likes

In hot weather, laundry is a must. 7 days could be 14 outfits since I’ll sweat through them quickly.

2 Likes

I’m firmly against laundry on vacay. I’m on vacation and I want to feel like I’m taking a break from the everyday work of life. And with four kids…laundry is everyday in normal life. All that to say, I did do laundry once on our last trip and it was SO nice to come home and not have to do a ton of laundry after our trip. It still felt like a break. Once over the course of a week versus once every day and was worth the help to ease us back into the real world when we got home!

2 Likes

On longer trips (more than a long weekend) we always do laundry. It’s too much to lug with us otherwise, plus then I’d have to do laundry the day we got home. It doesn’t bother me to go do laundry once on our trip. I do it on our rest day/morning or on an evening when we’re back from the parks early.

1 Like

We go for two weeks as a split stay with a work conference in the middle and do laundry a few times. It’s not a big deal to do a load in the afternoon after being at the park all day. And it saves on the bag cost on the flights to and from.

This year we’re planning on four days max without doing laundry. Most trips we find we bring more clothes then ends up getting used anyway.

1 Like

I always do laundry. Love coming home with clean clothes. Plus a trip to the laundry is a nice break from the family. :joy:

6 Likes

Laundries are usually near pools and lounge chairs, which are a nice way to spend a couple hours.
Plus, with the Laundry View web site…

https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty?property=7463

you can see if machines are available before you carry your load down there.

6 Likes

Wow. I am surprised by the responses that you do laundry to come home with clean laundry. I feel like anything that has been in a suitcase needs to be washed when it comes home whether it was worn or not.

We usually rent houses, and we usually travel for more than a week, and even with that I find doing laundry hard to fit in. I also hang dry most of my clothes at home (after spending a few minutes in the dryer) and I find the humidity of Florida makes drying laundry take forever.

We have a lot of summer clothes, and I am an proud over-packer.

1 Like

I only do laundry if there is a washer and dryer in our vacation unit. For one week, I relish not to have to do laundry when I stay at a typical hotel or resort. If I do laundry while on vacation and pack it for home clean, it never feels exactly clean once home given that it was packed with shoes and toiletries, and then manhandled by valets and airport luggage workers. So avoid laundry if I can while on vacation because once we’re 2 days at home, the laundry is done.

1 Like

One of the reasons I sprung for DVC rental on our next trip is for the in-room washer/dryer. We will be doing a 4-night Disney Cruise followed by a week at the parks, so almost two weeks. No way with four kids not to do laundry at least once.

Most of our other vacations are to the beach and involve a Marriott vacation club unit with washer/dryer.

1 Like

We always go for 2 weeks and I’ve never yet done laundry, and I don’t plan to. Apart from anything else, there are very few of my clothes that I’d put in a dryer. But even if I would, I wouldn’t do laundry on holiday.

1 Like

I have a hamper I travel with as well as laundry bags so clean clothes come out of the luggage and clean clothes go back in.

I usually do laundry unless it is a short trip. Early morning and down time at the resorts.

Exactly. I can see if they were just going into the dryer and folded maybe. But hanging to dry takes a lot more space, time, and effort.

I hang almost all of my things. I bring a collapsible drying rack

2 Likes

I brought one on our road trip for our swim wear to hang on over night before we’d head out to the next leg of the trip. They are the bomb.

1 Like