Laundry: yay or nay?

I was thinking I wouldn’t this time, but then got to thinking packing would be so much better if I planned to

3 Likes

I always do laundry. There is no way we’re packing enough for two weeks, especially since we always go back to the resort to shower and change in the afternoon. We do always stay in a one bedroom (or larger) DVC villa, so we have a washer and dryer in the room which makes it very easy. I just throw a load in when I get up, move it to the dryer after breakfast and take it out of the dryer when we get back in the afternoon. Takes a few minutes, so no biggie. Also leaves a lot more room for the inevitable purchases… :rofl:

3 Likes

I prefer not to do laundry while on vacation, but I’m not opposed to it. This would be a no brainer if there was a washer/dryer in my suite. I would definitely do laundry.

1 Like

Quick-drying clothes are your friend - you can wash them in the shower and hang them to dry. I’ve made four-week trips with only what I could carry in a medium sized duffle and never needed a washing machine.

Have done both. I prefer not to do laundry on vacation but I like packing light. 10 days in Italy with only carry ons meant doing laundry. A week in Disney was no laundry once kids were older and less of a disaster.

I’m on vacation and don’t want to do laundry, dishes, clean up, make beds etc. That is what I want to get away from and have someone do all that for me so I can enjoy my time away.

The one and only time I did laundry was on an extended, multiple location vacation. We spent a week at Disney, then headed to the Bahamas for another week. I did 1 load while we were at the pool. I hated every minute of it! LOL

1 Like

Yes do laundry. At least one load of socks and underwear.
I don’t know about all resorts but some have machines that are link to the internet. So if you have a smart phone it will send you a message when you laundry is done.

1 Like

Longer trips we’ve done laundry. Usually a resort day breaking things up.

2 Likes

I’m in the no laundry crowd. I usually take the day after vacation off to catch up on laundry (and grocery shopping) when I return. But on vacation, I want to leave those every day annoyances behind!

2 Likes