Late-for-me WDW planning for whirlwind mother/daughter trip

I’d like some opinions, please.

My days are 6/23-6/27 - arriving on Thursday, depart on Monday, and have full days on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
I bought base plus Genie. I know I’m playing right into their hands.

I will reasonably see me getting 3PM-10PM on arrival day, and 9AM to 3PM on departure day.

My thoughts were do MK on arrival and departure days as we are most familiar with that park and have recent (for us) trips that had multiple days there and at DLR.
Then I have one day each EP, AK, HS.

Hours and crowd calendars are about the same from day to day.
Just looking for thoughts.
We are driving and will stay on property first time ever - doing ASMusic.
Not sure about anything else yet.

I can’t believe we are doing this. It’s so stupid expensive now.

Also wondering if any east coast friends might help me with my G+/LL for my arrival day as I will be DRIVING when I should be booking LL. (@bebe80 ? @Broph1988 ? anyone? )

5 Likes

I’m thinking
AK Friday the 24th 8AM - 10PM
HS Saturday 25th 9AM - 9PM
EP Sunday 26th 9AM - 9PM

How is AK the latest park open?

I could do two partial HS days, if that would increase my chances of SWGE and TSL, but I’d get one more hour with the current MK hours on split days than the HS hours on split days. But an hour isn’t much…

1 Like

Disney hasn’t released hours beyond June 9th yet. Those hours must be TP’s guess. Looking at the lastest Friday in June with hours, June 3rd, AK closes at 7, EP & HS at 9, MK at 10. But of course those could all change.

I did NOT pick up on that part.
Thank you!

1 Like

I think my biggest question is would two split days be better for MK or HS? Or would it matter?

For another way of checking, I just looked at what hours were for last July, 7/23. MK & EP closed at 10, HS at 8, AK at 7.

ETA: June, not July!!

1 Like

Nice!!! Early Entry woohoo!

Enjoy it. It’s only money, ya can’t take it with ya!

4 Likes

So happy to hear about your mother/daughter trip! It will be so much fun and full of memories for a lifetime. You are just taking one daughter?

2 Likes

So help me!
I’m a lunatic.
I’m going in JUNE!

:joy::tired_face:
Laugh or cry.

3 Likes

Yes. Just graduating DD.
:heart:

3 Likes

Aaaarrggghh!! Sorry about that!! My bad. I thought, when looking up July, it felt wrong. Trying again:

Last year’s park hours for Friday, June 25, had MK close at 9, EP at 10, HS at 8, and AK at 7. Either way, AK closes earliest.

1 Like

No. It’s wasn’t your mistake. MINE. I typed July dates. :grimacing::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Ah, no problem!! Too bad those neighboring months both start with JU. Messes both of us up.

1 Like

And I had July on the brain bc epic liner meet.

2 Likes

I know the feeling.

1 Like

Hmmm, may give you a better chance to get some of the really difficult rides in at HS for those two half days.

Just thinking out loud…

1 Like

Yes. That’s what I’m wondering too.

1 Like

This is exciting!! So are you doing two trips? Or is this with the universal trip??

1 Like

Thank you for remembering.
This is a second trip. The whole family is going Uni.

Meanwhile my boys just shared their current thoughts on Disney so I’m not telling them about my additional plans just yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Would your daughter book your LL’s for you while you drive? Your plan sound good for park days.

1 Like