Late-for-me WDW planning for whirlwind mother/daughter trip

This is so exciting!!! What amazing memories for you and DD!

2 Likes

Maybe?
There is about six weeks between when I tell her and when we go. She is brilliant, but the pressure could scare her :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
She’s not super techy to begin with.
But maybe?

1 Like

That’s so awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you. :smiley:

3 Likes

I love this so much.

Mama/daughter trips are the best.

2 Likes

Thank you.

But all y’all - two partial MK days or two partial HS days or it doesn’t matter?

We did two partial HS days and two partial MK (with the second MK partial day really just popping in after fireworks for a couple of rides and night photos.)

Upside to two HS days was that I knew we wanted to ride ROTR and it gave us two chances to pull that off.

Edit to add that the evening in HS before our HS day took a lot of the pressure off doing all the things on the HS day. The crowds really lightened up and waits were so much more reasonable than at even 9 am the next day.

2 Likes

I like Your plan! I love starting and ending with MK.

1 Like

The question is, what park would you rather see first (Thurs) and last (Mon)?

1 Like

That really doesn’t matter to us. I don’t have any special feelings like that.

It’s more about getting to do everything at HS. I was thinking two days at MK made more sense bc we care about less there and if we had abbreviated time bc of travel we were missing the least…. But added together it turns out to be one full day.

2 Likes

I can see this totally!
We did BG-Williamsburg this summer and even just knocking so much off on the partial evening before our full day made or full day so pleasant. The problem is we wouldn’t have another full day….

Since it doesn’t really matter and your DD is older, I’d do HS because of more thrill rides. Hopefully you can get 12/13 hours in total.

1 Like

It would make arriving and departing easier w/o TTC. We’d drive in from SC and could park right in the lot and be in the parks more quickly….

3 Likes

We actually only did the next morning at HS - not even a full day. This was an adult only trip in which we only had 3 park days - during which we hit up all 4 parks. It was a lot of fun, but we absolutely only hit up highlights important to us.

But HS isn’t really my favorite park and I agree that I’d hesitate to have that as my walk away park.

1 Like

I remember your trip report. But not the details. How nice you could go. :heart:

HS is my favorite park! I love TSL and RnRc and Frozen sing along. And MFSR was so much fun and we want to do ROTR!

If we had hoppers I’d approach it differently.

3 Likes

I need to finish it up. I got buried in yearbook. But it’s done now so I need to go roll my notes into a report.

1 Like

Personally, I would do two partial HS days because there’s more for me to do there. And the hours of your partial days will likely add up to more than one full park day.
I’m not finished going through the thread yet, but I’d be happy to help wryly with G+/LL+

1 Like

And YAY. Exciting!

1 Like

Yay. Thank you.
I have a few questions for you in general.
I will have to PM vs text so my kids don’t see and texts. The girls use my phone for school stuff. :heart:

1 Like

I’m convinced, too.

1 Like