Last of Harmonious barges in place

:joy:

1 Like

7 Likes

Think back to Fountain of Nations. How often did one or more spouts stop working?

Plus however good it might look, and I’m not hopeful - the bases are huge, it still stops you seeing across the lake to the other pavilions. No more Morocco with ToT in the background. No more Venetian vista. The only one you’ll be able to see is Canada because it’s so tall.

3 Likes

This.

:sob::sob:

2 Likes

I think you’re right but I do think the wide angle zoom lenses that the bloggers are using make it look bigger than it is. Here is one with a more natural framing.

Make. It. MOOOOVE!

I can deal with fake papers on a table, this is…too big to ignore.

5 Likes

Gasp. Is the lake not centered? No…Don’t tell me. CRAP>

3 Likes

It’s still blocking half of Italy. And it’s big and ugly. It’s like someone holding a thumb over the lens.

3 Likes

Agree with you on this one. That’s hideous.

2 Likes

Cool view from the air. Bioreconstruct is always on top of these things so fast!

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1365736939517857805?s=21

3 Likes

Yeah still thinknit needs to be moved to the right a little? Ya think?

3 Likes

They do look smaller from up high though. When you compare it to the size of the lake.

1 Like

Yep, I just want to nudge it over!

1 Like

Do they migrate a little? They are on barges so maybe they float a little one way or the other and they will never be centered or symetrical :grimacing:

1 Like

Right, but look at how much of the showcase is now blocked from that view!

Maybe that’s one of their objectives? When you’re in a specific pavilion, you lose the “authentic feel” when you turn around and see all of the others?

I know from the top it’s actually quite small, but ground level, it hides too much of the other stuff. The view of everything was specifically why I chose to have my reception here. There was something magical, to me, about seeing all of the pavilions meld into each other. It gave me hope. Which is dumb. I get it. But it did.

Sidebar: Is this where Epcot’s beacon will come from? Or the fountain at the entrance?

3 Likes

Oh, so there’s still the other two barges to come out then. And maybe another of the big hoops, the so-called “Star-Gate”.

So take the pictures we’ve seen so far, and now try and imagine double what we can see.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob:

2 Likes

Theres already a beacon at the fountain out front.

Not sure if there’s meant to be another.

1 Like

Meh. Jumping from one gate to the other just across the lagoon isn’t nearly as impressive as doing it across the universe.

2 Likes

The beacon for the 50th that connects it to the other 4 parks? Ah. The prism thingy. Ok, that makes sense.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: