Last minute trip to see Posiedon one last time!

I found cheap flights for the last weekend Posiedon will be open (5/5-5/8), and AP rate at Cabana Bay for 2 of the 3 nights, so I’m doing it! This flies against all my anti-weekend feelings, but I can’t really take any time off work right now, so it’ll have to do.

I have a UOR AP until September, so it’s a really cheap trip and it’s taking all my willpower not to just peep at WDW APs. With my long trip to Europe this fall though, I will likely only go to WDW once this year and it will be on a military hopper, so there is NO GOOD REASON for me to get an AP! I have to keep telling myself that. Topiary or not!

Actual trip report (-ish… I’m bad at the follow through, so no promises on quality!) starts at Last minute trip to see Posiedon one last time! - #50 by Nikkipoooo

16 Likes

Now you know deep down there is only one reason you are telling this bunch of Disney enablers. ;-).

4 Likes

Sounds like fun. Wish I were brave enough to commit to my trip Sunday.

2 Likes

Channel your inner Merida, or Moana!

1 Like

If we don’t go away this weekend, i’ll probably reserve a hotel and go. But DH wants to see friends he hasn’t seen in a while so that takes priority.

2 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to hear about your trip!!

1 Like

So jealous! Getting to go on impromptu trips is the best part of an AP! I still look at hotel & flights just to see what the rate is versus last year! (I keep telling myself to stop torturing myself by looking!!)

Wave hello at Taylor for me!!

5 Likes

Awesome @Nikkipoooo :grin:
It’s occasions like this that I wish I lived stateside so that I could just pop along to UOR on a random weekend!! #jealous
Take lots of photos outside the show :heart_eyes:
Still gutted that it’s closing, but trying to remain hopeful that whatever replaces it will be even better :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::grimacing::grimacing:

Have fun! :ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean:

6 Likes

We are fortunate that it will be still be open for our first day in the parks for our upcoming trip, so we will be hitting it up on 5/8. Also, planning to see the nighttime lights on Hogwarts castle since it is also shutting down.

3 Likes

PCDev mentioned in his latest vlog about it being comverted to Zelda. I know that’s been a rumor for a long time now…but I wonder if there is more evidence than just hopeful thinking.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard any convincing replacement speculation yet.
But my source is predominantly here :laughing:

1 Like

I’m also waiting to see. While Universal has spread out WWOHP across all the parks, it seems “odd” that Super Nintendo World would have one little space at a different park…

1 Like

That’s what I think too, though this could be just a temporary installment meant to whet people’s appetite for Nintendo. My best guess (and hope) is that the lengthy refurb installed some sort of enhancements and that the attraction will simply be re-themed… ideally it would be opened in combo with a related show in the Sinbad theater. IoA is badly missing shows.

5 Likes

SO TRUE!!!

This is my theory too! IMHO - If they did anything to promote it it would get more attention. I’ve seen so many people just walk by and ask, “What’s in there??” or “Is that a ride?”

It’s only been there for 20+ years and yet UOR barely acknowledges it! Heck… there’s even tree and planters in the area that kinda block it from view as you walk past. :crazy_face: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Where it is positioned doesn’t help. People with young kids will stop at Seuss Landing. With slightly older kids, they are in a rush to get to WWOHP, and so the whole land is just a pass-through. Once they are done at WWOHP, you would start going counter-clockwise to hit the remainder of the rides.

They really need to do something there that interests guests to actually stop and check it out. A show might not be the best from an operations standpoint because it requires a cast of trained performers, which can get expensive. Swapping out PF for a ride would breathe a little life there instead of it being an after thought or merely the place you find Mythos! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh No! I miss it by one weekend. It was down the last time I was there too.

2 Likes

So I can’t go April 30-May 1 but now I have flights booked for May 7-8. We’ll see if that happens.

3 Likes

I’m starting to regret not just taking the 5th off because now I want to go Cinco at Epcot and I won’t have much time to do all of the eating that I want to do!

7 Likes

Enabling…there’s still time to fix this!

5 Likes

Well it turns out that my friends that I thought would be there that day now will not, so I don’t even know if it’s worth going for the evening if I don’t have a drinking/eating buddy. I don’t mind being there alone, because a Cinco de Drinko crowd tends to be friendly, but I won’t be able to try nearly as much on my own.

3 Likes