šŸ¦” Last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring LIVE TRIP REPORT!

I really like the food there. But something had to be cut. Hereā€™s a run down of the current state of play:

TS
12 Be Our Guest
3 Garden Grill
4 Crystal Palace
56 Narcoosseeā€™s
7 Tusker House

QS
1 Regal Eagle
2 Docking Bay 7
3 Connections Eatery
45 Disney Springs x 2
6 Typhoon Lagoon
7 Satuā€™li

4 Likes

They have really good QS at Disney Springs Iā€™ve heard. One trip I need to make more time to go there.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m quite excited about it. Hence allocating two QS credits to it.

3 Likes

Good choice then.
I canā€™t imagine the food at TL will be that good but ya gotta eat. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Could you stop at DS and est there after TL instead of eating at TL?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure that plan works for me, but it has inspired another one.

TL opens at 10am and Iā€™m going to want to have breakfast. If everyoneā€™s against me eating there, I could rope-drop EP (perhaps from the IG side and dash to Remy), eat at Les Halles or the crepe takeout window, and then take an Uber from BW to TL. It might be possible to do all that in time for park opening at 10am but, with my paid-for chair, timing isnā€™t a huge issue.

ETA:
To RD from IG, Iā€™d have to take an Uber from ASMo to BW and Iā€™m reading online that they have been known to turn people away, so this plan might not work. I could RD EP from the main entrance and do Soarinā€™ (which I love) and then have breakfast at Connections CafĆ©, i.e. Starbucks. Or even buy an early ILL for GOTG?

2 Likes

A #2 reason to do the chair (#1 being gaurenteed shade)

If you want to start at IG, you can always Uber to Swan. More steps, but still am option.

4 Likes

Out of context I thought you were referring to the electric chair (as opposed to firing squad, etc.) :rofl:

6 Likes

But why arenā€™t you going to Hoop de do revue?

I think a good old fashioned hoedown may do you some good

4 Likes

That went dark quicklyā€¦

4 Likes

Well this is a Matt thread ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Itā€™s mostly a scheduling thing. I like night-time spectaculars. There are two new ones at UOR, the new one at Epcot (which will obviously be a massive disappointment compared with Harmonious), the new one at Disney Springs, and then HEA, which is extra-magical when Tinkerbell doesnā€™t fly and definitely worth spending extra money on. Iā€™m doing AH at HS, so I donā€™t have a suitable HDDR window.

Plus it feels like a risk. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s my kind of thing. And itā€™s a pain to get to.

4 Likes

There are 4 pm showings, so you donā€™t have to miss nighttime shows to do HDDR.

2 Likes

You can take the boat from MK direct to Ft Wilderness and itā€™s a quick walk. Or even contemporary. Or take a Minnie Van direct to Hoop and take the boat back to MK.

And they have a 4pm or a 4:30pm show which gets you back to MK for fireworks.

You said you wanted to try new things and be around people. Just offering suggestions!

Plus Ft Wilderness is so cool.

6 Likes

Iā€™m feeling bullied by a bizarre cabal.

I quite like the look of Category 3 balcony seats. Thoughts?

10 Likes

I think any seats will be fine. While there may be closer seats, the venue isnā€™t huge, so you will have fine views/experience either way.

5 Likes

This is true AS LONG AS weather doesnā€™t shut down the boats. But we took the boat after the show to WL just to look around, which was nice.

6 Likes

Ugh. New plan.

Nobody seemed thrilled by my MK/BOG arrival day plan, including me. So Iā€™ve ditched it in favour of doing DS on arrival day. That way there is zero stress. Timings donā€™t matter at all, although I would like to see the drone show.

This has freed up Friday evening. So I booked the 8.30pm show, Category 3.

Question: How do I get from AK to HDDR? And from HDDR to ASMo?

6 Likes

From AK, take the Ft Wilderness bus. You will have to transfer to the internal bus at Ft. Wilderness.

To get to ASMo, you can take the boat from right near Pioneer Hall to MK, and then take the ASMo busā€¦unless the boats shut down due to weather, in which case take the internal bus back to the main bus, and then take a bus to a park, and transfer.

4 Likes

Too bad you didnā€™t ask for a friendly airport pickup.

:woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes