King's Island trip report

One or two stops on the highway south of you will provide almost any type of food or restaurant you could want.

Thanks for doing a Kings Island trip report. We’re only two hours away but we haven’t been as a family yet. I went many times as a kid but haven’t been in over 20 years. My kids are 5 and 7, tall for their ages and coaster loving. We’ll probably end up going later this summer but my ancient memories of trips there as a teenager keep me thinking that there won’t be much for them to do even though I know better.

Mission breakfast…complete.

I know everyone loves looking at photos of empty dishes. :grin:

Anyhow, heading to the park in a few minutes. By the way, unlike many amusement parks, admission to the water park is included, so we plan to hit Soak City either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on the weather. Some heavy rains are coming later today and carrying into tomorrow. We planned to visit the Ohio caverns on our drive home, but we may move it up since we can tour the caverns even if it is raining.

2 Likes

At the gates…planning to do The Beast first. World’s longest coaster!

3 Likes

Beast was great…and rough…as usual. Not AS rough, though. They retracked 2000 ft of the worst sections over the off season, which definitely helped.

Then…drinks without handy dandy unlimited drink plan…

And another ride on Diamondback. My wife waited the first time, but she got the courage to try it so she just got on it with my DS12.

I forgot to count for the first airtime hill, but so much airtime. I counted 7 seconds, then 6, then 5, then 5, then 4. So well over 30 seconds of total airtime!

4 Likes

Okay. My wife loved Diamondback and rode it twice. Then we went over and road Orion…including my wife!

Anyhow, next, riding the one ride everyone knows and loves because it was made famous by…the Brady Bunch! SEASON 5, episode 11, the Bradys went to King’s Island. It is…the Racer!

7 Likes

Pro strat. When a storm is coming, head to the indoor coaster so to stay dry…

Clearly it was smart, because everyone else had the same idea and we stuck in the very small section of the queue still outside.

4 Likes

Looks like you are having a great time!. My DD22 goes every year, but I haven’t been in forever. We go to Holiday World every summer though.

2 Likes

Flight of Fear line…we think sitting two per seat is…awkward!

1 Like

We didn’t get quite as wet as the rain, but still…

4 Likes

Rain storms are coming, so we left the park and are back at the hotel, sprucing up for our fancy-shmancy dinner at…Cracker Barrel!

The blue dot is us, and the rain is just west of us.

3 Likes

And here I was googling it like a fool, and all I had to do was keep reading! :joy:

How many days is this trip?

2 Likes

Arrived Sunday, heading home Thursday.

2 Likes

Love that little park.

My son just went to Cedar Point with his senior class and loved it. Then my husband starting telling him how great King’s Island is! It’s been over 20 years since we’ve been to either one.

1 Like

If one is to visit either King’s Island or Cedar Point, what would your recommendation be?

Cedar point is great. Our “home” park since it is easily a day trip for us. Great coasters, some of which are best in the world (Millennium Force and Steel Vengeance). But overall, we just like the ride selection and overall beauty/vibe of King’s Island more.

Both are owned by Cedar Fair, so there are similarities.

1 Like

Finished dinner at Cracker Barrel. We had been talking out peanut butter treats, since half my kids are allergic to them. One I mentioned…buckeyes. So good!

Anyhow, my wife’s name is Marsha. Then I found these in their gift shop. I had to buy them!

3 Likes

It could be a day trip for us too…a long day trip! We are about two and a half hours. We used to always go just for one day. The coasters got a little too scary for me!

1 Like

Soak City day. Rain is holding off, so while not the warmest weather, we are still doing the water park today.

5 Likes