Kenny the Pirate - Am I doing it wrong?

Yes, it was the unpublished characters that made it seem worth it to me and if you don’t need that then save the money! I watched a few Characterpalooza videos on YouTube and thought it looked like fun, and worth trying to make it happen.

That would be great if M&G’s get added to TP!

I will agree with @melcort10. There is no way his site offers more. Then reservation finder and ADR finder are tools that I value but it is the liners that make the difference .

6 Likes

I agree, I don’t think his site offers more than touringplans. It offers a couple of extras around characters but if I had to choose just one TP provides much more value to me. The forums here are a huge bonus, and I only wish I’d found them sooner!

1 Like

If I could only choose one it would be TP, but I don’t think the TP’s offer enough planning tools for characters TBH. This is likely because it changes so frequently and the work if adjusting algorithms and what-not is prohibitive.

1 Like

What characters does he know about that aren’t already in other touring plans of the Disney App? If characters are out, aren’t they on the Disney app anyway?

There are some secret and/or unannounced meets that are used to train cast members that I think some people get really excited about. But for even for the ones that are published by Disney, the details they publish aren’t the Times Guide level details so that is definitely helpful from Kenny.

1 Like

He has a source that provides him with info on characters.

1 Like

Oh, the Characterpalooza thing? Is that it?

Yes, and there’s also some unpublished things in Epcot. You void your membership if you share the details for unpublished character things but here’s something public but outdated from Kenny about it: Epcot character training locations - KennythePirate.com

I’ve been a member of KtP and TP. We have tried the Epcot character pop ups, but I think they are much more infrequent. They never happened for us. The one in HS has and is fun. The only thing I really use with KtP are his park hours before 180 days and his character info. Everything else can be found on TP.

1 Like

A new podcast / YT channel, “Part of Our World”, just dropped this helpful video about using KtP and TP. This really showed how KtP works. Hopefully, Kenny won’t pull their subscription. I think this is a great marketing tool to promote KtP, but if he doesn’t that’s his choice.

2 Likes

I’ll check this out! Will it be not as good if I just listen in the car and don’t watch?

1 Like

Yeah… you can just listen to the audio and get the point. There’s a couple visual elements that showed me what I wanted to see with KtP that aren’t vital.

1 Like