Kenny the Pirate - Am I doing it wrong?

I had the same impression when I subscribed last year!

1 Like

What do you think of it? I donā€™t have any issues spending money, I just donā€™t want to ā€œwasteā€ money. Does KtP tell meā€¦ Daisy Duck (Active Today) at (Exact Location within Park) at (Exact time) in an easy way on my phone while walking through the park? Does it give me an expected wait time for each character?

Thatā€™s what would get me to purchase. I can use Laughing Place & AllEars for character listings and insert them into my TP manually. I donā€™t mind doing the research. That how I pass the days until my trip.

That definitely helps!

1 Like

So this type of information was more along the lines of what I was expecting from KtP and it doesnā€™t seem to be the case. This is super helpful! Thanks, as always, @OBNurseNH.

I feel like I am familiar enough with which characters are where and can find their schedules for free but if it was my first time or I wanted really rare characters, it would probably be much more valuable.

Kenny shows waits for the characters with actual waits posted by Disney but those are also the ones that you can add to Touring Plans too.

Although TP is telling me that Mike and Sulley will have a 65 minute wait the minute they open at DHSā€¦

3 Likes

Wait. I think I lied about buzz inside at DHS.

I was thinking of where he used to meet, which is where Edna Mode meets now

Yeah I think he meets outside now in TSL. At least he was in November.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re right.

In that case, I for SURE vote for the MK location. TSL is a bottleneck at the area where IIRC he was meeting. Love TSL but itā€™s tight in there.

3 Likes

In all our visits weā€™ve never met Toy Story characters. My big kids liked but never loved.
Now my little ones LOVE. Which is super convenient given that they are now so current. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I enjoy Kenny and Inlike comparing his touring plans to tp touring plans and also easywdw and then coming up with my own to put into this app. Whereas I subscribe to Lines yearly even if Iā€™m not going on a trip, I only subscribe to Kenny the years Iā€™m actually going to WDW.

3 Likes

I subscribed to KtP this year, I havenā€™t found it super useful yet. In the app do the maps show up when you are in the parks? thought that might be a plus.

Ha! Love the avatar change!!!

2 Likes

Took me a minuteā€¦ I thought ā€œoh know they changed avatarā€¦ I am going to have to change plans again.ā€ LOL

4 Likes

I have to admit, I didnā€™t utilize it much. Once I saw what it actually was, I realized most of the info (again, unless I was doing it wrong) was already available on Disneyā€™s website. I donā€™t think it gave expected wait times or anything super-precise, as far as I can remember. Wish I could be more helpful!

1 Like

I just subscribed recently for our upcoming Thanksgiving trip. I think what the site is most useful for are the ā€œunscheduledā€ character meets. The big characater thing at HS, Training at Epcot. I do like the interaction tips too. Iā€™m always so awkward!!

3 Likes

No worries. From a bit more research with it, the advantage KtP seems to have is that you get more specific ā€œwindowsā€ of opportunity to meet each character along with a dossier. I havenā€™t decided how much time Iā€™m devoting to M&G on my next trip. If I decide to really dive into M&G next time Iā€™ll probably buy it once to try it out.

3 Likes

I asked Kenny what the differences were between TP and his site. He only answered that his site does much more. I asked for specifics and never got them. So I didnā€™t pay for his site. But if anyone has any specifics on the differences, Iā€™d like to know.

1 Like

Ok, so I did not come here to bash Kenny in ANY way, but there are just no circumstances in which his site does more than TP! Zero. First, his touring plans are very limited and I donā€™t believe customizable! There are no services (rez finder, ticket calc, etc.) and no chat/forum that I am aware of.

Like others have said, if you MUST SEE a certain rare character and your vacation will be ruined otherwise, then it probably makes sense to pay, but so far I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m getting my moneyā€™s worth versus what I can get elsewhere.

3 Likes

How much did you pay?
Hit send too soon.
I think I paid $10. Ten dollars doesnā€™t buy a lot these days and I certainly have gained $10 worth of info. The rare characters are helpful to know about. :heart:

2 Likes

There is a chat function, and I think the touring plans are customizable. I decided it was worth paying for up to date information on the unpublished character spots at HS and Epcot and the interaction tips. But I donā€™t need two sets of touring plans so my TPs are here.

3 Likes

Ok, I definitely stand corrected on the TPs as well as the chat. I may scan through the chats. I think, just personally, that I am not actually looking for really rare or unpublished characters so there is less value to me.

If TP could add the character M&Gs to the TPs here then I donā€™t think I would need KtP at all. And I believe that is on their list for up and coming features!

3 Likes