Keeping track of your plans? Tools?

Dunno, actually. I believe it is just part of the Google Calendar app. (I have an Android phone, BTW. But I know that a similar thing is available in iPhone, since my wife uses it.)

If you have an Android phone, press and hold on the launcher screen (main screen with all your apps) for a few seconds. You should get options for Wallpaper, Widgets, and Settings. Select Widgets. There are a series of them available. Under “Calendar” there are a couple options. “Month 4 x 4” and “Schedule 2 x 3”. I used the Schedule one. Plop it onto your screen where you want it. It displays the first few items, but you can scroll it right on the main screen without having to open up the calendar app.

2 Likes

Cool. I have an iphone. I’ll ask the google about it and see what I can find. Thanks!

1 Like

If you can’t find it, let me know, and I’ll ask my wife what it is she’s using.

holy crap that is life changing!!! besides getting rid of the “reminder” to set up screen time, now I can easily see what’s coming up. yea!!! Thanks!

Claiming it is “life changing” suggests you are, in fact, a “power organizer”. :slight_smile: My wife LOVES organizing, and has a variety of planners, each designated for a different task. She’s the one who found the widget for her iPhone. When she showed it to me, I said, “Hmm. I wonder if I have anything similar.” So I found the Android widget that is effectively the same thing. For me, it is a minor convenience. To her, it is “life changing!” :slight_smile:

For the last few years I’ve been developing this “trip calendar” in Powerpoint. The first one was very simple, but each iteration became more complex, showing more information. Obviously, the complexity also depends on the type of trip. As you might expect, my Disney version is the most detailed I’ve ever made. It gives DW anxiety just looking at it. I use Powerpoint because it is very easy to move things around, copy/paste, etc. For example:

• hold SHIFT while moving something and it will move in a straight line (so moving something later in a day, but keeping it lined up in that day’s column)
  • hold CTRL while moving something to “clone it”
  • hold SHIFT and CTRL while moving something to clone it and move the clone in a straight line

I’ve pasted an image of my itinerary below, but have also uploaded the original Powerpoint file for anyone that wants to use it: Dropbox - File Deleted.

Explanation/Legend:

• Days are columns, with date and crowd levels at the top, daily activities in the middle, and hotels (straddling days) at the bottom
  • The crowd levels I use are based on TP and KtP historical crowd levels (not predicted); specifically, an average of the last 3 years, matched by weekend and/or holiday.
  • The left-most column (the very skinny one) shows the times as well as morning/evening twilight (bold black line), sunrise/sunset (bold yellow line), and the low/high temperatures (historical average for week of trip)
  • Daily activities are color-coded: TS dining is GREEN (dark green for $$$), QS/snack dining is GREY/WHITE, FastPass is BROWN, hotel time is CLEAR,
  • Also shown are planned transportation methods (walk, bus, monorail, Minnie Van, boat)

9 Likes

That. Is. Amazing. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Or, put another way…overwhelmingly organized! :wink: My wife would love it.

2 Likes

I have a similar one (with times, parks, transportation, ADRs, FPPs, downtime, etc.) for our itinerary. Mine is color coded but I used Excel so don’t have the graphics. Yours looks way better!

2 Likes

Perhaps, but don’t tell my DH that I admitted it :wink:

2 Likes

I think I’m in love. I mean, the plane pointing upwards for when your taking off? Dude. Stop it. Your attention to detail is amazing! Thanks for sharing the ppt file! DH is going to have a cow when I put this on the fridge!

1 Like

Wow you guys! This is bringing it to a whole other level. Thanks for sharing!

I really love @TheProphetPaul’s!

This trip I have been using the following. Simple enough to share with the other traveler.

This is OF COURSE in addition to my TPs. I make those for every trip. I use those (via the Lines app) while I’m in the parks, so I don’t put the FPs on this Doc.

3 Likes

I like this table idea! I’m going to try that next time…

Wow! This is amazing!

1 Like

Tell me how you do it on an iPhone!!!

I have just fainted.

I use Google Sheets. I also printed off the 15-minute incremental plan for each touring day from my Google Sheets itinerary, laminated them, and wore them on a lanyard on my neck that also had a waterproof sleeve for my cell phone… BECAUSE I AM A GIANT GOOBER. And I also wanted to conserve phone battery.

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting these, everyone. They are fabulous!! I’m sure I will use one of these to hand to the family, the TP plan is too detailed in some ways and not detailed enough in others.

Especially love the “must sees” & transportation notes- to which I will add the expected travel time. They are learning but are handicapped regarding crowds and public transportation, at home the speed limit is 80 mph and there is one stop light in the county… which actually just blinks red :rofl:

• From the home screen, swipe left to right until you see a list of widgets, or in my case a plus sign to add widgets
  • Tap Edit
  • Tap Add>“Google Calendar” or “Up Next” or “Reminders”
  • Tap Done

Excited, I showed my family last night and they were all What Rock Have You Been Living Under? Whatev.
I guess it’s been a feature of IOS for a while. In a flurry of “get rid of all the things because they cause me stress” I deleted all the notifications and widgets. :thinking:

2 Likes