"Just One - Disney Theme Parks Edition" Forum Game

So I’ve been bored and thinking about this a while and want to try out playing one of my favorite table top word games, Just One, via the forum.

Here’s the official rules, but I’ll try to explain how we can adapt it to forum life.

The rules are very simple:
Everyone is on the same team. There is a guesser who does not know the secret word/phrase. The other players write one word clues. If any clues match, they cancel and the guesser does not see them. Also clues that are other forms of the secret word, (i.e. prince for princess), not real words (i.e. mouz for mouse), or other languages (i.e. princessa) are also discarded. In real life, it’s a really simple, fun, and engaging game that anyone can play.

(There is also a score. You’re supposed to play 13 rounds and each correct answer is +1, each pass is 0, and each incorrect answer is 0 and costs you an extra round, but we never keep score.)

Here’s how I think we can adapt it to forum play.
-The host chooses a Disney Theme Park related secret word or phrase and hides it with the spoiler tag. (Available in the “gear icon” on posts)
-The first person to respond says, “I will be the guesser.” The guesser does not look at any spoilers until the round is over.
-The next five (5) people and the host submit clues using the spoiler tag. They see the secret word but do not look at the other clues.
-Once six (6) clues have been submitted, the host checks all of them, eliminates duplicates, and posts the remaining valid clues.
-The guesser posts their guess.
-The host reveals whether the guesser was right or wrong.
-Everyone has fun.

So here’s an example of what this might look like:

Andy says "I will host round 1. The secret word is …mickey bars…. I may or may not have added characters to obscure the length of the secret phrase.

Betty says, “I will be the round 1 guesser. I promise I will not peek at any spoilers.”

Charlie says, "I have only seen the secret word. My clue for round 1 is tasty

Donna says, "I have only seen the secret word, but no clues. My clue for round 1 is dessert

Ephraim says, "I have only seen the secret word, but no clues. My clue for round 1 is stick

Farzana says, "I have only seen the secret word but no clues. My clue for round 1 is stick

Gerard says, "I have only seen the secret word but no clues. My clue is for round 1 is cool

Andy says, "I have only seen the secret word but no clues. My clue for round 1 is ears

Andy says, “Okay. Two clues cancelled so the four remaining clues for round 1 are: ears, cool, desert, tasty”

Betty says, “I guess…Mickey Bars?”

Andy says, “Correct! At this point, everyone can look at all the spoilers. Who’s wants to host round 2?”

So, anyone want to give it a try?

1 Like

OK, here goes:

I will host round two. The secret word is Jungle Cruise.

1 Like

I will be the guesser for round 2. I promise not to look at any spoilers.:innocent:

I have only seen the secret word but no clues. My clue for round 2 is

…Nile…

1 Like

I have only seen the secret word but no clues. My clue for round 2 is The Rock

1 Like

Have seen secret word, no clues. My clue for round 2 is backside.

1 Like

We probably don’t need to repeat the prompts. I just put them in in the example so that people would know who had seen what.

How do you make the words fuzzy and unreadable?

Then…

2 Likes

Clue for round 2 - punny

1 Like

Clue for round two puns

1 Like

Back to me. Without looking at the other clues, my clue is Skipper

Right. Two clues eliminated. The remaining clues are:

Nile
The Rock
Backside
Skipper

Jungle Cruise! Good work team!

Edit: Who wants to host round 3?

I will host round 3. The secret phrase is …It’s…Tough…to be a…Bug.

1 Like

Since I was guesser last time, I will jump the gun and submit a clue for round 3. …dung…

1 Like

Well then, I will be a guesser. Thanks, @kerrilux_625778 for hosting. I was reluctant to host so soon. I’ll watch and wait until you have enough clues to show them.

1 Like

My clue for round 3 is stinky

1 Like

Clue for round 3: eek!

1 Like

This is for everyone but the guesser. :wink: @mkmuzzy you can read it after the round.

There was a great “preposterous pondering” on the Backside of Magic podcast about this one.
The challenge was to figure out what the best place in WDW to scream an expletive at the top of your lungs would be. The spider drop was one of the prime candidates.

1 Like