Just one ADR, what would you pick?

Okay, thanks. If I put 70 minutes, would that be enough? I actually have wiggle room in my plan, so I guess it doesn’t ultimately matter.

Late to the party but was going to suggest Sci-fi! Fun place, budget friendly and has something everyone would like. And with your kids age you and your wife will have a nice lunch!

We did have a little wait but they passed out popcorn which was nice. Meal itself was quick for us but prob could be an hour. Hour and a half is safe to factor in any wait time.

Also a nice cool place to eat!

1 Like

That ought to be fine if you have some wiggle room. We did, too, and ended up starting our evening touring a little sooner than I wanted, considering we wanted to be at Toy Story Land AFTER the sun went down. :hot_face:

Oh well, having extra time is not the worst thing that could happen to a finely crafted TP.

I actually really love this about SciFi. It’s cool and DARK. DHS is not known for its cool, leafy shade, after all. It’s difficult to even see the other customers, so it feels more restful than any other restaurant at WDW, IMHO.

3 Likes

As the plan is now, I have dinner, then Walt Disney Presents and Star Wars Launch Bay which is like an hour and a half allocated for just looking. So, if we have to skip/bail on either of those, or cut them short due to dinner, there is no issue to the overall plan.

1 Like

We spent a little over an hour. I think 70-75 minutes should suffice.

Keeping in mind that I don’t do CMs and rarely do buffets, my “standard” time for planning purposes is 60 min for a TS lunch and 90 min for a TS dinner; dinner is longer because I am more likely to have an app and dessert in addition to my entrée. I never worry about time for signature dining as it’s typically the last thing on the schedule for the day (other than maybe some resort exploring). If I did put it in the middle of a TP, lunch would be 90 min and dinner 120.

If you have special dietary restrictions, add more time to that. Even if you have the allergy menu the chef may still want to come out. Are you and some of yours allergic to tree nuts?

1 Like

I’m guessing no one else said this (but I don’t have time to scroll all the answers): 50s Primetime Cafe. Best chicken pot pie ever and fantastic hilarious atmosphere.

I was a little surprised no one said it. I’ve not been. But since no one picked it, it seemed others preferred other places more.

I have kids allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I’m allergic to bananas and cantaloupe (melons in general), but fine with nuts.

We’ll make sure to let them know about the allergies, though, to be safe. Thanks!

2 Likes

Excellent point. It always does add to the overall time in a restaurant.

1 Like

I know it does not get a lot of love, but we love 50s Prime Time. I was not impressed by Sci-Fi. I had to go back it did not feel relaxing, or like a family meal to me. I like to sit around a table in a 50s kitchen. I have only been twice, but had a good meal and good fun both times.

We are booked for both 50s Primetime and Sci Fi for our upcoming trip. But the one and only must do of the restaurants we’ve been to before was 50s Primetime for me. I’ve been to other restaurants that remind me of Sci Fi but have never seen anything else like 50s. Although I will say that Sci Fi probably has a wider appeal over a large age group.

I think we’ll stick to Sci Fi for three reasons.

1. Prime Time specifically serves food that contains peanut butter, so there is greater worry about cross contamination
  2. The prices at Prime Time are a little higher than Sci Fi
  3. My wife and I had removed Sci Fi from our December 2020 trip plans, so it will be nice to include it here.
  4. (Okay…I lied. Four reasons.) The day we will go is our “Star Wars” day where we are focused on SWGE mostly. So Sci Fi diner kind of fits the theme.

But, having said that, I do think the theming at PT is really cool and food looks really good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The suggestions on this thread are shockingly poor. People should be ashamed of themselves.

Disney food is expensive. The whole point is either (a) to have something you can’t have or wouldn’t have at home, or (b) to eat in an environment that you can’t experience at home.

So Via Napoli is a terrible suggestion because it’s a pizza restaurant. Of which there are probably half a dozen within a ten minute drive from your house. Also, the pizza I had there was dismal.

Sci-Fi is a reasonable suggestion because of the dining environment but, again, the food is exactly what you could get any day of the week at home.

The clear winner here is Sana’a. Your table looks out onto giraffes and zebras grazing just outside. Can’t do that at home. The food is not wildly adventurous and everyone raves about the bread service (which is very shareable and so not too expensive) and butter chicken. It’s not difficult to get a reservation and before or after eating you can explore the two hotels and enjoy further animal spotting from the observation areas.

4 Likes

What. You mean you don’t have giraffes and zebras outside your house? Weird. :wink:

1 Like

Umm. Yup. I’d add that not only is it expensive, it’s not worth the price, which is a little bit different thing. I can’t even begin to describe my disappointment with Tiffins cuisine. And the service was terrible, I actually had to speak with the manager about that. The rest of the meals were okay, but honestly not worth the time & money. We liked the food in the Boardwalk club lounge better.

Imma stick to my guns about SciFi, though. As you imply, the environment is unique- but I can’t get those shakes any day of the week at home, because the ice cream places all shut down in October.:rofl:

3 Likes

I see you’ve picked your winner, but I just want to give a vote to Spice Road Table for anyone else in a similar situation. Outside dining overlooking the lake makes for a great break, the food is different from standard but also has options that will appeal to the masses, and we have had friendly and prompt service there. Just showing it some love!

2 Likes

I had the stuffed pork chop last time it was there and it was heaven! not to mention the PB milkshake. Its definitely a Top Pick

I second HDR