Just food reviews... Honest ones only please ;)

Well… I do trust you, but we will have to agree to disagree about Yn’Y. All your other recommendations have been a hit!

I think Yn’Y and anything in Mexico is a no for me b/c it isn’t authentic… there’s no heat and I know natives use heat.

1 Like

Time for honest EP reviews. I haven’t been to many of the EP restaurants, because the kiosks wandering around the park often tempt me with delicious treats.

Biergarten : I love german beer. The food and entertainment here is ok, compliments beer nicely, but you can get the same food (and beer) at kiosks around Germany. Unless you’re looking for oom-pah bands and meeting new people at shared seating, I wouldn’t eat here.

Chefs de France : Yes, this is real French food. I enjoy it, and get the prix fixe almost every time I go for an excellent full meal experience. Occasionally I’ve had lower quality salads or cuts of meat here, but it’s rare. Overall a great experience

Les Halles : Right next door is the can’t-miss highlight of France. Just browse the cases and get anything that looks good that day. It has always been as good as it looks for me.

Garden Grill : Just wasn’t for me. DD loved Chip n Dale so we went, but won’t go back. Farm-fresh shouldn’t be an excuse to be boring, but there was nothing exciting on the menu here that would entice me to come back.

Kringla Bakeri : Second only to Les Halles, I love the Norwegian treats, especially in the morning.

La Hacienda de San Angel : This is NOT traditional Mexican food, but I love it anyway. The staff is so super-friendly (tip well, it goes a LONG way here). The location is beautiful any time of day, the portions are HUGE (each meal easily serves two) and the prices are amazing for what you get. As long as you don’t go in with expectations for real Mexican, it is real good food. This is the only restaurant I’ve been served things off the menu because items were unavailable. Really above and beyond staff.

Le Cellier : It’s good, it’s just not as good (to me) as Chefs de France. Not willing to pay the premium again. It’s expensive, you do get the quality that you pay for, but with so many other choices in Epcot I’m not planning on going back here anytime soon.

Rose & Crown : One and done for me. Didn’t need the drinks (can get them all at home), and the food isn’t special.

Spice Road Table : I get Spice road takeout with those small plates, but not sitting here. The food is good, but it’s not somewhere I usually want to sit and spend time. Very tasty though!

Sunshine seasons : Overrated, crowded and bland. My kids liked it, but I eat elsewhere.

2 Likes

I was in Mexico for a school trip when I was 18. (Most of the trip was on CA, but we did a bus trip to Mexico for a day.). We ate at an authentic Mexican restaurant. No heat whatsoever in any dish we ate. There were spices, but it definitely was not hot. Now New Mexico on the other hand, they like their food very spicy hot. My friend, who spent part of her childhood there, laughed when I ate the “mild” salsa.

I think Mexico has spicy dishes, but there are a-lot that are not spicy hot. You also have different regions, which apparently provide different flavors.

4 Likes

Oh yes well it’s not spicy enough for me until my lips start to go numb :rofl:.

No one mentioned Frontera Cocina. Really really enjoyed it (unique menu, strong flavors, tasty drinks.)

Also, big fan of the platter for two at Hacienda.

My husband is Mexican and I lived in Puebla for a year, so we do like a fair amount of heat (never enough spices in WDW generally.)

Ones I always enjoy, can recommend from recent experiences (mostly July 2021)

Liberty Tree Tavern (went in Dec 2020- it was good, not quite as good as normal but I think that’s COVID)
Sanaa (always good)
Dahlia Lounge (drinks, the bocadilla sandwich is delicious)
Chef Art Smiths- the thigh high sliders YUMMMMMMM. We were there for the alligator bites, and that was delicious. And the drink I had, still thinking about it- very good!

My kids’ favorite: Garden Grill dinner. The gravy is way too salty for me, so I’ll ask for it on the side. Crazy overpriced and I’d pick LTT over GG but, kids say GG so…

QS favorite forever and always: Spicy Chicken Waffle from Sleepy Hollow

Favorite refreshing drink: Peter Pan Float. Yum.

3 Likes

Realized another one I forgot about.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - :+1: Excellent fish and chips. Not quite as good as what you get from WWoHP at UOR, but almost.

3 Likes

We haven’t gone in years (thanks COVID) and the last time we went, the kids were smaller so we haven’t gone to the more expensive places yet. This Feb is the next trip, and we’re going to go nuts foodwise and everything else wise. But here’s what I remember, obviously just my opinion which means 0:

Teppan Edo: We go every trip. Setting and Staff make up for run-of-the-mill hibachi. DD has chosen this for her birthday dinner in February.

Liberty Tree: This place impressed, I think because my expectations were low. Lots of food, done correctly. After a long day in the park, we settled on this place and were happy we did. Will be going back.

Rose and Crown: DS has decided Fish and Chips are his favorite meal, so we went three times last trip. Loud and crowded, but its a pub. The wait for this place for lunch is way out of proportion to how good the food is. I guess I wish I can skip it, but we indulge DS whenever we can because he misses out on so much because of allergies.

Raglan Road: I loved it, DW was “meh” and the kids hated it. Loud and crowded, but its a (giant) pub. I think I was just happy to be drinking a Guinness. The manager here was least informed about allergies, but everything turned out OK.

ABC Commissary: Puts the Q in QS, only thing going for it. Get there early and you could be out of there in 15, important when kids are getting cranky.

Le Cellier: I don’t remember the steak (which is bad) but the sides were good. Meh.

Yachtman’s Steakhouse: Again, meh. Last minute reservation after dinner plans fell through. Decent food in a quiet place. Really nice to be able to catch up on the day in a relaxed atmosphere.

Character Breakfast at Contemporary: Absolute chaos, if that’s your thing. My kids were really small when we did this, so they loved it. We may have let them put too much stuff on their waffles, but again when we are in the Disney Allergy Bubble, we let my DS go nuts. They’re not kidding about having the characters there, I couldn’t eat with all the pictures I ended up taking.

Tony’s Town Square. Not bad, just boring. I get the schtick, old timey Italian-American, but our least memorable meal the last time we went. Familiar to the point where I feel like I cooked it myself. The dogs ate here or something? Convenient location.

Rainforest Cafe: Fun the first time the kids see the “storm,” but the food is bad.

Satuli Canteen: Love it, inventive and tasty. I am eating alien food! It feels like you’re eating healthy, too (oooooh, grains). Gigantic so the wait isn’t bad and the menu is kind of limited which helps with how long it takes. Perfect lunch place.

1 Like

Getting ready for our 4th trip since 2018. December can’t get here fast enough. One of my favorite things about trip planning is thinking about all the food places we may be eating at. So here’s my opinions, but I must admit my spirit animal is the vulture. I’ll eat anything and more often than not I’ll like or love it. With that being said:

MK:
BoG: :+1::+1:LOVED that french dip at QS lunch. Really bummed QS lunch is gone. We always made a lunch happen here. Won’t be going for the super expensive pre fixe menu.
LTT: :+1: ate on first trip. It was great! Ate so much I couldn’t move. Just like Thanksgiving!
CC: the hotdogs are good but…it’s hotdogs
Gaston’s: that cinnamon roll was such a disappointment! So was Lefou’s brew!
Pecos Bill’s: I like it but granted it’s park food
Pinocchio’s: in a pinch I’ll grab it for my kids but it’s just meh.
This trip I’m planning to finally try CHH and maybe the Plaza, CRT, or CP. just wish princesses were at CRT. Thoughts on those 3 in current circumstances??

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons: we like it for the variety and it’s pretty good too
French bakery: ALWAYS a good option!!
Via Napoli: :+1::+1: love that pizza!!
La Cantina: pretty good Mexican for in park
This trip we’re sticking to the tried and true with Via Napoli. Maybe trying Regal Eagle too??

AK:
FTB: we love this bbq so much we got it for lunch and dinner one trip
Restaurantasaurus: this is one of those guilty pleasures. You know you outta get something else but it’s pretty darn good for what it is.
This trip I’m not letting Satuli’ through my grips again!!

HS:
Sci Fi: love the atmosphere. The food was pretty good too!
ABC: it’s good and quick. No atmosphere though.
Rosie’s: it’s meh. We always seem to end up here in the evenings when were really tired and hungry so it’s “good enough”
This trip we’re trying out DB7 and maybe Woody’s?

Resorts:
Chef Mickey’s: :+1::+1::+1: an absolute must for our family. Such good memories here. I LOVE breakfast too! Those eggs…mmm!!
Capt Cook’s: get my tonga toast fix here for a lot cheaper.
This trip we’re checking out Sanaa and Homecomin (haven’t eatn at Disney Springs in the past). Possibly Steakhouse 71?? All 4 trips I’ve talked about going to Trail’s End, but we never make it. Who knows. Maybe this is the one we finally do it.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. How your upcoming trip is great.

1 Like

I don’t have time right now for a long review, but wanted to say that I was just talking about this tonight: the chicken pot pie at the 50s primetime is one of my all time favorite meals, anywhere.

1 Like

For your sake, I hope they bring it back then. The post-covid menu is really small right now, and doesn’t include the chicken pot pie.

1 Like