June trip rebooking success!

CBR was not an option. I had it choose between the cabins at FW or a DVC villa. Boulder Ridge studio was the cheapest option available.

1 Like

Hi all - question! We had the free dining due to March Closure and rebooked to sept 15-22. I Havenā€™t called to check because Iā€™m sure phone lines are crazy but Iā€™m assuming this trip would be 35% off rooms, correct? But what if we wanted to change resort for same dates OR change dates with same or diff resort? Would 35% off still apply? I know I need to call but was wondering if anyone already dealt with a similar issue.

yes, but that is because you changed your dates, which its been reported before as them doing that. I was just curious about my resort being closed, and them booking me at another one. Iā€™m not planning on changing dates. Thanks for the info, and welcome!! And sorry you had to get upcharged, that stinks!

There is a link in this thread to a Dis boards posting with a lot of people sharing their changes.

Looks like if you keep your dates as is and get moved there is no additional costs.

What are your reservation dates?

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/walt-disney-world-resort-provides-update-on-resort-experiences-and-housekeeping-transportation-dining-and-more-wdw-news-today/72610/176

1 Like

OMG! Thank you for this!!! I love seeing these. We are due to ARRIVE July 12th at POP so, seeing others process of Keeping their dates as we are going to, helps a bunch!

august. Iā€™m hoping pop will be open by then because i really like the skyliner and that resort. but hey if they upgrade me for free iā€™ll take it!

1 Like

Wow, you are only one day past the current cut off day for making confirm/rebook/cancel. Keep us informed about what happens. You might be in the first group of guests returning to POP or you might be bumped into a free upgrade.

1 Like

Welcome @francesca.colasanto! I believe what people have been reporting is if Disney moves you to another resort and you keep your dates, thereā€™s no charge. But if you change your resort OR your dates youā€™ll have to pay the difference. And no discounts are being offered for changes. Thatā€™s the gist of what Iā€™ve been seeing anyway.

Yep, canā€™t do anything yet. Hoping to get that email in the next week or so! DH said ā€œhow did you manage to rebook our May trip to the day AFTER they reopen?ā€ Luckā€¦pure luck. Lol this is our first adults only trip, just the two of us!

1 Like

Just had my email re making the choice. Originally booked in BC (not BCV) 2nd September for 3 weeks (in April 2019 with free DDP and $200 gift card). Have not looked at anything yet so do not know if have been moved but the email states 35% off room rate in original invoice as compensation for cancellation of the free DDP. I have until 27th June to make my decision (today is 12th). Will be a tricky decision as am travelling via UK and international arrivals to US from UK are currently blocked for me. UK has 2 week quarantine on arrivals (fortunately does not affect me as am in the common travel area) and our borders are likely to be opened 1st week July - am due to fly out on 31st August. A second issue is the my airline has not currently restarted flying to Orlando!

Will update when decision made -= probably by Monday.

After discussion have decided to continue with booking, have confirmed so just awaiting updated invoice.

1 Like

Just received revised invoice. Still booked in BC (not BCV) in garden/woods view (the cheapest that was available back in April 2019) and 35% off the room rate. So in compensation our free DDP (3 adults) has been reduced in value to a discount value equivalent to a QSDP - a bit disappointing but we have been waiting 3 years so still plan to go if transport etc. make it possibleā€¦ Only problem now is access to US along with will flights be running?