June 2019 Trip Report - Sweating through the World

You are kidding about all the people not knowing where to go and where they were staying, right?

I mean, how the heck can you not know the name of your hotel? :thinking:

1 Like

I need to remember to go to Big Top Souvenirs!! We don’t spend much time in Fantasyland.

What a crazy end to your night! That family sound like real winners.

2 Likes

Also adding big top to future trips—- we never made it there last time. Those treats look YUM!

3 Likes

That is awful about the HM. I cannot believe that people can be so rude. It’s like they don’t care about anyone else! To laugh at it all is beyond the pale.
I went to WDW for the first time in 20some years back in March and went to the HM. I was super excited as I remember loving it as a kid. There was a family in the stretching room who must have also loved it because they loudly said the Ghost Host spiel. They split between two buggies and I ended up behind them. They kept pointing out stuff across the cars. It just sucked for someone who wants to enjoy.

2 Likes

Agreed, but $11 for a candy apple? :astonished: I need to look at that before going to the county fair in a couple weeks so that I don’t get annoyed with their prices.

1 Like

Ha I guess it’s disney standard pricing… in our daily life now for different items DH and I like to break it down to how many Disney waters is that haha

4 Likes

I don’t understand, water is free at Disney. Can you put that in terms of Mickey Bars?

Right! Not knowing about ADRs and FPPs is one thing, but you should know where you’re staying!

2 Likes

But these candy apples are magical!

1 Like

I don’t need anyone trying to healthy up my treats with fruit. I’ll take ice cream.

5 Likes

Bottle water cost money. And the one Mickey bar the CM have it to my daughter free!

1 Like

I was so vicariously angry reading your account of this obnoxious family! HM is supposed to be filled with happy haunts, not horrors!

4 Likes

Were you thinking they needed to add a few to those 999 happy haunts?

2 Likes

I’m starting to think people should be tested before they are allowed to breed. I know we all have our CRS days but what hotel you are staying at should not be one. If you’re old enough to have kids you should know that sangria is at least a type of wine.

I laughed at this the sons apple fell off the ride. This is why tigers eat their young. These are the same people who would have sued Disney if their kid got hurt (which in my mind he should have.)

I know we all do stupid things but these people might need to be rounded up and double checked.

4 Likes

Thursday, 6/13: Today was our last day in the parks :sob: with MK again in the morning and HS for the afternoon/evening. We were mainly going back to MK to meet Mickey and Minnie because we wanted pics with them, but didn’t want to meet them in the middle of the day when we were sweaty messes! Our FPPs were for HS but we only wanted to do Mickey/Minnie, COP, and Peoplemover so we weren’t in a big rush that morning. We got the parks around 9:20 and went through security quickly as they had two people at every table. They were all earning their ears!

We went straight to Town Square Theater where the posted wait was 35 minutes but we waited maybe 10? The first timestamp on our pics was 9:49. We also got stickers from the CMs while we waited :grin:

We headed over to Tomorrowland next and stopped at the purple wall again because the lighting was better :smirk:

Peoplemover was down so we did COP first. When it ended, a family walking out was saying “this is the best part of the show!” so obviously they are uncultured :wink: I was glad at least they didn’t try to leave during it!

Peoplemover was still down so we decided to have a snack while we waited. DF got popcorn and I got the cream cheese pretzel, which I’ve wanted to try for a while. I loved it! It can also be mobile ordered from the Lunching Pad which is a bonus.

Peoplemover was back up when we were done and there was a bit of a line but we waited less than 5 minutes. We then headed back to Main Street and stopped in the Confectionary so DF could get the Mickey peanut butter cup (she said it was good but had too much peanut butter) and I got some treats to bring home to my fam.

We were out of the park around 11:30am to take a bus back to Pop. A bus came shortly after we got there and we got on, but then the driver realized he was going to AoA so we got off as he said a Pop bus was coming shortly. When it finally came we got a semi-private ride with one other family! I should also mention I was checking the FPP drops for HS while we were at MK and did see SDD at the 9:31 drop for 11:50 and 11:55 I believe, which didn’t work for us. I never saw SDD again but I did see quite a few ASS and TSMM throughout the day.

We mobile ordered our lunch at the Pop food court and it worked well. It’s nice because they put it in a to go bag so we brought it back to our room to eat. Our first FPPs for HS were at 2:40 and 3:30 and they were both for DF, ToT on my magic band and RNRC on hers (I don’t ride either!). So we were trying to get to the park around 3/3:15. I believe we ended up leaving at 2:45 and the bus came fairly quickly. This was the only time the bus times on the app didn’t work for us, but thankfully it wasn’t much of an issue.

We got to HS and the skies were dark. Our bus driver told us all we were going to get wet as we got off. Walking towards the park it started sprinkling then right when we got to security the skies opened and it down poured. We got to stand by security for a little while and I tried to put on my emergency poncho to find it was sealed at the bottom :expressionless: I had to rip it open and apparently when doing so it ripped up to one of the arms as well! DF tied it for me so at least it stayed on. The security guards told us they were sorry but we couldn’t stand there any longer because they needed to keep it open (there were a few other people waiting there as well) so we decided to run for it towards the covered area by the tap styles. I had on my messed up poncho and my umbrella so the rain coming down was not much of an issue, but as soon as we left the covered area we were in at least 4 inches of water and our sneakers were soaked. It felt like I had jumped in a pool with them on :frowning: We tried to wait it out for a bit but we were getting closer to the end of the ToT FPP window and DF still wanted to ride it.

So we finally decided we’d go into the park and I would just wait in a store while she did ToT then RNRC. Shortly after we split I realized she didn’t have my magic band to ride ToT ugh! She couldn’t remember which one she had on her band so she went through the FPP line and when she tapped in, the CM was like you don’t have a FPP here… so she was like “oh I think I have the wrong ride” and got in the standby line instead :rofl: At least it was only 15 mins and then she went to RNRC. The rain had mostly let up at this point which was good, but then the ride went down :roll_eyes: Her FPP converted to an anytime and the CM told them they didn’t know when it would be back up so she left. It was now a little after 4 and we had a 5:05 ADR for Sci-Fi so we had limited time. SDD and ASS had also gone down in the rain so the other ride wait times were high. We decided to do Muppets so we could sit and dry off (plus we like it!). This was another show where people were literally cracking up at everything, definitely made it more enjoyable.

We headed to Sci-Fi afterwards and checked in probably 5 mins early, got our table ready text at 5:19. We were hitchhikers in a car and enjoyed the AC. The food was ok, I had the cheesesteak sandwich which was meh but I got it with onion rings and those were good! After eating we went back to RNRC so DF could ride before we headed to TSL. We also had a Star Tours FPP in there somewhere that we never actually used! Neither ToT or Star Tours ever left my plans on MDE after they expired so I’m not sure if that would’ve messed us up trying to get additional FPPs but we didn’t try, so wasn’t an issue.

It was then finally time for what I had been waiting for: Toy Story Land! I’ve loved Toy Story forever so I was super excited to see it in person. We entered TSL at 7:15pm and the park was closing at 9, so we spent the last 2 hours here. We had FPPs for ASS because we figured we could wait for TSMM in the AC while ASS is outside, so we did that first and waited maybe 2 mins. The ride was fun, we did Mater at DCA last summer so we knew what to expect. We then did TSMM which had a 40 min posted wait but was actually only 22. This is one of my all time favorite rides but DF beat me again!

Once we were done we had some time to kill before we wanted to get in line for SDD (aiming for close to park closing) and DF wanted a Mickey bar because she was wearing her Mickey bar ears so we headed to the ice cream cart. There were two little kids in front of us and the CM told them their ice creams were on Mickey and to make sure to thank him later, it was so cute! Then we ordered and had to pay, not as cute :neutral_face: We hung out for a little while and took some pics as it was getting darker and then got in line around 8:45. Posted time was 55 mins, we waited about 35, so not too bad. The line was cute but I could not have waited there in the middle of the day in the heat! SDD was super smooth but a little more up and down than I (and my stomach) like. I can do it again but I don’t think I could ever do it more than once in a day. By the time we got off the park was closed so we took a few more pics and then headed out.

We headed towards the buses but decided to take a Lyft instead because we were dead. I have awful feet and they were hating me that night. We got to see some of the fireworks as we waited so that was a bonus! Our Lyft driver this night was interesting because 1) her car smelled but we couldn’t figure out what it was, it was just something bad masked by bad perfume and 2) she tried to share her Disney knowledge like we didn’t know anything. “Did you know they’re building a Star Wars hotel?” She brought up the skyliners and told us how they’re going to Caribbean Beach. DF was like “oh yeah we can see them from our room” (since we obviously know they’re going to Pop and AoA too) and she was just like “oh…” almost like she didn’t believe us?!

Friday, 6/14: Today was checkout day :frowning: Our flight wasn’t until 4 but our DME was picking us up at 12:35. We slept in (finally) and left our room right at 11 - gotta get the full value we paid for! We waited in the food court and grabbed food until it was time to go. We had no problems with security, there was no wait when we went through. Our flight was relatively uneventful except for a woman who kept insisting on getting up when the seatbelt sign was on :roll_eyes: and while we were sad to leave, the (relatively) dry air in Boston felt sooo good!

We had a great trip and got to do all our must-dos in a short amount of time. Although at the airport DF remembered we never did Tiki Room but I think she got over it :rofl: We did wish we had more time and at least had a day in between where we could’ve slept in but alas there are sacrifices when you’re ballin’ on a budget :sunglasses: The weather was so ridiculously hot and humid but that was to be expected for going in June. Though this confirmed I could never go with my family in the summer - we don’t do heat well! Crowds were as expected, 5-7s so pretty manageable.

I have my shortest countdown ever between trips, only 107 days until I’m back!!

14 Likes

Thanks for the report!

That’s as crazy as complaining that sangria tastes like wine and fruit!

3 Likes

Love the poncho pic! Thanks for sharing your report, I have really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

To be fair, her real complaint was there wasn’t enough chocolate!!

4 Likes

Great trip report - perfect level of detail - and I agree with missoverexcited - the poncho pic is the best of the bunch - really cute.

2 Likes

now that’s a valid complaint!

1 Like