Julianne HAS a plan! 😁

My DD’s and I are headed to WDW for 8 glorious nights! But we are only planning 3 park days. (The trip was originally 6 nights and we wanted to do water parks as well. I’m not sure exactly how it grew to 8 nights … Disney math?)

So these 3 park days need to be EPIC! We need to fit in all kinds of things in a most efficient way. We will be hopping. We will be using Merlock. We have combed through Thrilldata with a nit comb (parents - you know what that is!). We have combed through TP data. And we came up with three perfect days. :roll_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Then Disney changed the rules for Genie+ when hopping. Now we have to WAIT for return times to reach 2:00 before booking in the park we are hopping to. Probably not a huge deal, but it is presenting us with a problem on Day 1, Monday, August 29.

The scenario: RD AK, hop to HS to arrive at or before 2:00, hop to EP to arrive between 5:00-6:00.

Original plan was 7:00 AM LL for KS with return time around 8:00 or 8:05 AM. Then get LL 2 after tapping in for KS no later than 8:30. This would have been for ToT and as return times wouldn’t be out to 2:00, it would automatically push out to 2:00. Then we could get RNRC or MMRR 2 hours later at 10:30 and the other two hours after that at 12:30.

Now we have to wait for ToT to hit 2:00 which looks like will be around 10:30 (if we’re lucky). That basically means we can get either RNRC or MMRR, but not both for the time frame we need which is 2:00 - 5:00.

So what would you wait in SB line for - MMRR or RNRC? Or do we dare try the SR line at RNRC?

14 Likes

Never do the single rider line!! I feel like the MMRR line always moves quicker than RNRC but I don’t have any data to back it up just personal experience :grin:

10 Likes

MMRR.
RnR is unpredictable

7 Likes

Agree with these ladies. MMRR is the better bet. RnRC single rider is painful and often not faster than the posted time.

4 Likes

Another agree. MMRR queue seems to move faster

3 Likes

Mine always do that! This time it went something like “Well, we we’re going to arrive on Sunday, but the flights are cheaper arriving Saturday night, so we’ll just do that” then that progressed to “I mean, why waste the whole day Saturday if we can get there earlier for almost the same price?” and then to “It’s so much less to fly Friday afternoon, and it is hurricane season, so another day might come in handy if there’s a storm” and finally “Oh look, an early morning Friday flight! If we’re already missing school and work that day then we might as well make the most of it!”

16 Likes

That is pretty much exactly how it went!!

6 Likes

Okay, so my first instinct was also to do MMRR standby, but Thrilldata, and TP too I think, show RNRC with lower average wait times! I guess we can make a “day of” decision …

2 Likes

Oh, but the RNRC queue is pretty horrible …

3 Likes

I think MMRR is more consistent with predicted times than either RnR or ToT because those two can really affect each other. Like, even if RnR doesn’t go down at all the lines will get waaay longer if ToT goes down.

5 Likes

This is our Monday plan. Ambitious? Yes. We are going to go for it, though!

Mon 8/29
6:00 AM
6:30 AM Bus to AK
7:00 AM RD AK LL+ KS (8:05)
7:30 AM FOP
8:00 AM NRJ
8:30 AM KS+
9:00 AM GFT
9:30 AM FotLK
10:00 AM FotLK
10:30 AM EE LL+ Tot (2:35)
11:00 AM EE
11:30 AM Yak & Yeti
12:00 PM
12:30 PM Dino/Nemo? LL+ RNRC (3:30)
1:00 PM Winged Encounter?
1:30 PM Bus to HS
2:00 PM MMRR
2:30 PM LL+ Olaf (3:35)
3:00 PM ToT+
3:30 PM RNRC+
4:00 PM Pretzel/Olaf+
4:30 PM IJ Pray for Remy LL!
5:00 PM SL to Epcot
5:30 PM
6:00 PM Remy+ :crossed_fingers:t3: BG1 for GotG!!
6:30 PM World Showcase
7:00 PM World Showcase
7:30 PM World Showcase
8:00 PM World Showcase
8:30 PM World Showcase
9:00 PM Harmonious
9:30 PM FEA/GFT
10:00 PM Cosmic Rewind!!
10:30 PM
11:00 PM Bus to AKL
16 Likes

Looks like a solid plan, but my feet hurt just reading it!

8 Likes

I would do standby for MMRR. I hate the RNRC line regardless of SB or SR.

4 Likes

Plan is totally doable. Is that extra evening hours at Epcot? Might be a good time to do Remy if you don’t get that last LL.

5 Likes

That’s the plan. Just not sure how long it will take to do Cosmic Rewind. We’ll lose at least 30 minutes to Harmonious.

2 Likes

I am exhausted looking at your plans!!! This is the most amazing part of the whole day. :rofl:

10 Likes

Do you only plan to eat lunch? :rofl:

3 Likes

Every time! And the same thing happens with the budget.

4 Likes

I imagine part of world showcase is a slushie which is soup right and soup is dinner?

5 Likes

I can answer part of that for her. She is not hungry on the east coast until lunchtime due to the time change. She will drink a Diet Coke and call that breakfast, :rofl: I imagine there are also a few food booths in the plan for later.

6 Likes