Jet Blue airlines flights

any liners from Richmond, VA area know why the direct flights from ric to mco on Jet Blue seem to be gone forever?

It looks like Jet Blue flights 969 (departs 11:01 AM) and 1169 (departs 7:26) are both direct from RIC to MCO everyday in the near term.

Thx didnt see 969 past mayish…hopefully will add after that

Hmm, maybe it’s seasonal, being discontinued, or maybe they don’t have the schedule out yet, but that would be odd because May is just around the corner. But I see what you mean. In June, I only see the evening flight

yea…may have to do spirit. …even though their prices not much better than JB and I like JB better

1 Like

Agreed. Even an hour and a half on Spirit is enough to ruin my spirit.

2 Likes

I fly from BWI and I also noticed that all of our nonstop flights with Jet Blue are GONE. I’m utterly crushed. Spirit has taken over here as well. I’m not sure I want to drive to DC for the sake of flying Jet Blue, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Maybe phone Jet Blue customer service and ask them?

That would mean I have to actually talk to another human being. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl:

Like I tell DD, put on your big girl panties and deal with it. :wink:

1 Like

Did - they didn’t give a real good explanation…“we often reevaluate to see if a flight makes sense for business and customers” My guess is now that Spirit Airlines has a non-stop from RIC to MCO early in the day, JB may be backing off, because Spirit is often much cheaper. I could be wrong. And I did put my big girl panties on and talk to another human

Yea - I may just have to “suck it up” and fly Spirit in October… It’s only a 2 hour flight, but last I checked you can’t check your bags at a Disney Resort with Spirit, you are responsible for getting them on and off tragical express and then checking them at MCO…not a huge deal

Ugh I think you are right. I’ll see if I can confirm.
Bag check at MCO last time was a nightmare. We missed bag check at the resort by a few minutes and they wouldn’t let us check in at the resort.

•Alaska Airlines
•American Airlines
•Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
•JetBlue Airways
•Southwest Airlines
•United Airlines

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-transportation-and-check-in/resort-airline-check-in/

1 Like

See, that wasn’t so bad, was it? :wink:

I wasn’t the one complaining about having to talk to another human. If I need info/assistance, I am fearless

BWI is one of the largest Southwest hubs, and it is the largest on the east coast. Have you looked into them? I know they fly to BWI to MCO like 10 times a day direct. I like it more than JetBlue anyway!

Southwest is typically more expensive than Jet Blue, even when I factor in a free checked bag.

We’re also in Maryland and we have flown Southwest the last 2 times BWI to MCO, both times under $200 per person. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even check JetBlue for comparison. But one big advantage of Southwest out of BWI is the shear number of flights. If one is delayed/cancelled or you want to switch to an earlier or later flight or even on a different day due to impending weather, its super easy, with no change fees. If you can’t tell, we are big southwest fans :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I am 20 minutes from Richmond airport, and never had a problem with Jet Blue, so if they have cancelled the early morning flight, I will either have to fly Spirit out of RIC or drive to BWI (not something I’d prefer to do)