Jambo House OPEN for bookings!

I just tried it for a week mid July. Got all room types available.

I didn’t bother posting here but I did see an email from Terri Schulz saying demand at AKL as a whole wasn’t sufficient to warrant opening both sides.

Either demand is up OR enough people have complained and emailed her that they have just decided to open it.

5 Likes

Well so much for that! DVC have confirmed Jambo House will not open June 22nd.

From the resort overview page on the DVC website:

As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/animal-kingdom-villas-jambo/

1 Like

Jambo opened again. Pretty much wide open until the end of December.

But do they mean it this time???

Who knows, I’m not sure they even know with how today went. What happened last time if people were booked? Did they just move them to somewhere else?

Going to guess that was a mistake because this morning all the Jambo availability was wiped out.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Well they have at least announced it’s opening now. Although they haven’t announced what else will open at Jambo yet, as far as I know.

They have?

I’m so confused.

Yes.

I thought you would have seen it. So the screenshot from the HUB (with the resorts and opening dates) that was taken down was right.

A TA friend of mine posted it. Not sure if it’s now on DPB or not.

This was the wording after the initial DVC resort news:

In addition, we currently plan to open the following resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note, that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other resort hotels if needed.

• July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Guests with current reservations at impacted Disney Resort hotels can request help with modifying their reservation starting Monday June 22. Reservations for stays in 2021 will begin booking on Wednesday, June 24. Only Guests with a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass will be able to access the Disney Park Pass reservation system.

Given the current situation, there are some resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.

Just read Tom Bricker’s breakdown of his park reservation experience with screen shots and his reservation for July 11-13 is at Jambo.

Oh just the villas. Got it. That I did know. I thought you meant hotel side too :slight_smile:

Listened to the latest mini-sode of Disney Dish this morning and it sounds like Jambo and Wilderness Lodge are the only cash areas associated with DVC villas that don’t have scheduled openings. Len and Jim kind of brushed it off as “easy enough to cordon off” but I am curious why they wouldn’t just open those rooms when a good portion of the infrastructure is already open.

1 Like

I had the exact same thought. If they have to do it anyway, pick another resort to not open.

But I suppose that they would then be giving a lot more free upgrades to people to keep mods and values closed? Or, given that they are both relatively smallish, that there isn’t capacity to close a mod or value and safely fill WL/AKLJ with those guests

So I booked a long weekend for Jambo when it was open with availability for a Value studio because I couldn’t pass it up.
If it didn’t actually end up opening and they have to move you to another resort, would you need to come up with the difference in points since any other studio would be more points than a value? Or would they move you with the points for the reservation you already booked?

This has been quite unclear, but I sure as heck would press hard against paying more points!

1 Like

I agree, I definitely wouldn’t want to have to pay more points either! I’m hoping it wouldn’t come to that, but I don’t trust anything anymore.

I’m trying to get Jambo House for President’s Day weekend in February, but only see Kidani Village available.

What kind of room are you looking for? Jambo appears to be wide open for February. I see all but one night available in a studio.

A studio. I checked again for various days in February and only get Kidani. I even looked for April over Spring Break and still nothing. I’ve got 2 adults, 2 kids.