I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Do you mean Francisco or Angelina? Francisco is darker and a bit more famous. I think it is because he is bolder. They both tend to hang out there. On rare occasions you can see them together.

3 Likes

WHAT??? Even if we don’t stay at GCH we eat there multiple times at trip. DH loves the burgers, or at least he did when was White Water Snacks. It is a great quiet respite from the park to relax and recharge.

6 Likes

Final Thoughts: Hotel

Circling back to this question. I love the Grand Californian. I’ve stayed there several times, including the year it opened when my family went to DCA for the first time. DW and I have had several getaways here over the years. The decor and theming is my favorite of any Disney hotel. Its location can’t be beat - it rivals Contemporary, Beach Club, Boardwalk, etc.

All that said, it feels slightly less posh than it used to. I don’t really care about poshness, but just keep that in mind if you plan to stay here. It’s little things - no room service, spa is closed (new one coming soon), no housekeeping, no monorail running, etc. Some of that is temporary and some is a permanent result of the pandemic.

Still, it’s a beautiful, inviting, comfortable, majestic hotel.

My room was in a fantastic location - not too far from the elevator so I could get to both DCA and DL fairly quickly. The view was woodsy, as promised, but not spectacular by any stretch. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. The water pressure was lower than most WDW hotels I’ve stayed at.

Personally, I would ask for a room near the elevators as my number one priority. The elevators are closer to the parks. There are some rooms that feel super far away. Those extra steps are the worst at the end of the night! (But still better than the DL hotel or PP.)

Let me know if anyone has questions about the hotel!

7 Likes

I love that you know who I mean!! I’ve seen them bother there together a handful of times. But I think I’m talking about Francisco . I have a few pictures of him somewhere. Super sweet, is there pretty much all the time.

3 Likes

Craftsman is great if you decide to do a pool day!! Future reference.

3 Likes

Super secret liner intel… the fireplace inside always seems to have people in front of it, the one outside by one of the walkways is usually pretty open. It’s another one of my favorite (I need quiet, let me be) spaces.

7 Likes

There are a few quiet spots in outdoor areas outside the main lobby. We explored

3 Likes

Have been away from the internet all day today but I was going to reply the same thing!!! (What does this mean for our fight?!)

3 Likes

A couple of DW’s shots that I missed. That second one is me all right, but I hardly recognize myself! I don’t see that angle often I guess.

12 Likes

Who Dis?

2 Likes

3 Likes

:wink::wink:

2 Likes

Operation: Buy Souvenirs for the Kids was a smashing success! Little DD2 was asleep when we got home unfortunately, so you’ll have to tune in tomorrow for pics of her with her gift.

11 Likes

This sign they made for us is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Glad you had a great trip @Jeff_AZ. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics.

3 Likes

You’re such an accountant :joy:
I’m so glad the CM’s have a “Matt” to put guests in their place!
Thanks so much for taking us along on your trip! I’ve been wanting to go to CA, but DH isn’t keen on the long plane ride from the furthest point east for a “2 day” park. I may lobby harder because it looks like so much fun!

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZY3kksNfY/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I follow them on Instagram :rofl::rofl::heart_eyes_cat: every trip we stop and say Hi. One friend brings in cat treats too. :rofl::heart:

7 Likes

I do too!

3 Likes

Facebook reminded me of the last time I went to see John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl, along with Disneyland. I miss the “California” sign and postcard.

8 Likes

You were but a child! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes