I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

After lunch we rode Mater’s Jam-Boo-ree (Halloween versioon), walked through Cars Land, then went on Incredicoaster with a nominal wait. Then we walked back to Monsters Inc. and are in a 10-min line. This queue is the worst - all outside in the sun.

10 Likes

9 Likes

You do know about the “double” rider line for Monsters, Inc. right? Like a single rider but for pairs? Called “Buddy Pass”
What is the Disneyland Buddy Pass? | Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! - Gluten Free and The Mouse

4 Likes

Is that still ope in Covid though?

Moving Buddy. Cutest thing ever.

3 Likes

I did not! But it was only a 10-min wait. Still odd how little of the indoor and fully shaded queue they use. They stacked us in the sun for some reason. :man_shrugging:

Still, a cute ride.

10 Likes

If single rider is which @TarHeelTiff was using I believe then I would imagine so is Buddy Pass. It’s because the vehicles seat 6 in three rows of 2 (probably can even do three in one row with littles). So often the back row is empty. You can come up the exit I think it is (I did it 2019 with DD and we got right on the very next car.

2 Likes

We went to the Backlot shop and then watched Philharmagic. I love the new Coco scene! Probably my favorite part. Then we got ice cream from Clarabelle’s. Headed to Disneyland next.

7 Likes

Alice and Cheshire Cat are out today in Disneyland :blush::heart:

11 Likes

I love that Headless Horseman in DCA. Especially the tie in to the old parade

4 Likes

Missed Alice, but we did see Mickey and Minnie in a marching band on our way in.

Now we’re taking a peaceful journey along the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain.

10 Likes

I love the views from the ship. Underrated.

I caught this person sleeping in the third floor compartment. Scandalous!

10 Likes

You can sometimes see characters hanging out in this area near the Royal Theatre. Today it was Belle and Gaston.

Sleeping Beauty’s castle walkthrough dioramas is another underrated gem. So much detail in these pieces! It’s three dimensional using multiple 2D layers and effects that change as you watch.

12 Likes

Ok I’ll say it.

TWSS

6 Likes

All good romantic getaways have to include at least one instance where the couple splits up temporarily. Right now is that instance for us. I wanted to go someplace cool, so riding Pirates was my top choice, and DW didn’t want to get wet and wanted to shop for the kids’ souvenirs (there’ll be no tears from DD2 this time!). So we went our separate ways for a bit. We’ll meet at the room in about an hour before heading to the concert.

Meanwhile, I’ve figured out the secret to get low light pics. I take a video and then do still shots as I go. It’s not the highest possible quality, but it works for bozos like me who can’t work the controls on the fly.

12 Likes

Loving your getaway, but really can’t wait to get every detail of this :point_up_2:. I’m excited just thinking about it.

3 Likes

Tarzan’s Treehouse was one attraction we didn’t get to yesterday. Looks like we will have to save it for next time! Oh well. Neat, but not a high priority.

Our BG for RotR was just barely called - it was pushed back about an hour later than they initial said it would be. No matter - we kinda decided Mark Twain, shopping, and Sleeping Beauty were better for this time slot. We’ll do Rise again tomorrow.

Walked back to the hotel and took some pics on my way. I especially liked the little mini-lobby on our floor.

10 Likes

And try to open the door on your left about midiway down the top hall of the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthru

4 Likes

We’re in a Lyft on our way to the Hollywood Bowl. Concert starts at 8pm so we should be there in plenty of time. More hotel pics:

11 Likes

This Lyft ride will cost us over $100. It varies from $60 to $140 depending on surge pricing, etc. I’m hoping the return trip is cheaper. The concert tickets were cheaper than the ride! Oh well.

2 Likes

Made it! It took about an hour and a half including the short walk from the drop off spot I chose to the Bowl. Fun story: we were mildly harassed / followed by a homeless person. Thankfully he left us alone after a few minutes, but it made me nervous / protective of my wife.

Anyway, now just have to wait in a huge security line.

11 Likes