It's the most wonderful time of the year! - A trip report

:rofl:

4 Likes

More evidence of how not crowded MK was today.

23 Likes

As indicated by the above photos, today was an incredible MK day - I haven’t seen MK with these crowds in a long time. Waits for most rides were in the 5-30 minute range for the whole morning - we were able to accomplish so much in such a short period. And the weather was perfect - beautiful, crisp in the morning and warm and lovely throughout the day. And the decorations. Seeing Main Street at Christmas is something special. I can’t wait until we come back Saturday evening to see everything lit up.

In the afterboon we took the monorail to go to the Contemporary and Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread houses.

23 Likes

18 Likes

Good shot!

3 Likes

You are having a TIME my friend! Love it! Looks like crowds are light at HS this morning too! Enjoy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I LOVE that magic band!

3 Likes

It was another full day today. Morning at Hollywood Studios where we hit all the highlights - busier crowds than at MK yesterday but still not bad. DHS does look great during the holiday season.

The weather was absolutely beautiful today with highs in the low 80s - so we decided on a midday swim, which was a nice break. We then spent the evening at Disney Springs and rounded out the day there, which is also quite beautifully decorated.

24 Likes

What a cool (warm!) day.
How cool to swim in December.

5 Likes

Beautiful morning at Epcot.

16 Likes

I’m in Epcot too. I’ll keep an eye out for you!

9 Likes

Saturday - our last day at Disney ( :cry:) began with a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We had eaten there in June and everyone enjoyed it then, and this time we didn’t tell the boys beforehand that the characters would be there.

After breakfast, we walked to Epcot. We toured the countries, hit a few of the attractions we hadn’t yet, including Living with the Land, Christmas edition. It was fun to see, even though it was daylight and the lighting didn’t have the same impact as I’m sure it does at night.

One observation about Epcot (not related to today) - out of the three parks we visited plus Disney Springs, we found it the most underwhelming from a decorations perspective. Epcot being our favorite park, we were hoping for more. I am wondering if they’re holding off until the construction is done to really beef it up.

That aside, I always love Epcot and we had a lot of fun there.

We then went back to the hotel to do some initial packing and organizing, then headed to MK for our last evening. We wandered, hit a few rides, and then just took in the ambiance on Main Street, enjoying slthr castle projections and seeing Main Street all decked out before returning to our hotel to finish packing. It was a fun, family MK evening and the perfect end to our trip.

25 Likes

I love this.

12 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

After we got back to the Beach Club, I hung around the lobby for a bit while DW took the boys back to the room. Took a bunch of pictures while there.

19 Likes

Love Beach Club! We also loved the Cape May Breakfast was great.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing when we were there in 2019 but someone explained that some of the countries in world showcase don’t celebrate Christmas so the lack of decorations made sense.

4 Likes

My family is awesome. These items were under the tree for me this morning. All homemade. And yes, those coasters are homemade. At first I thought they were purchased from somewhere because they look so professionally done. My wife is amazing and my kids are incredible.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! This community means the world to me, and I love the common enthusiasm for Disney and making memories at WDW (and figuring out all the tips and tricks to make it happen). Hope you all have an amazing holiday season and a happy New Year!

23 Likes

What cool gifts!

5 Likes

These are awesome! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes