It's the most wonderful time of the year! - A trip report

Back in June when we were at WDW for our first Disney trip since the pandemic, I got the idea to book a room for the first week of December. DW and I had talked in the past about bringing the kids to see Disney done up for the holidays (but without the craziness of Christmas week), and we were having such a great time on our trip that I booked it as a placeholder, planning on discussing it with DW when we got home.

At one point on the trip, while we were waiting in line for something (I can’t remember what), DW whispered to me that we should book a few days in December to see Disney at the holidays. (Great minds and all). DW and I had been once in December way back in 2005, and we’ve always talked about going back. When we got home, we kept asking each other if we really were going to do this, and at some point I just booked flights and tickets, and now here we are.

I’m sitting here today my last day of work before vacation, sipping coffee and writing this post before the kids are up for school. The kids are super-psyched, we’re 99% packed, and just looking to get through today because tomorrow, we’ll be in Disney!

When: We leave on Wednesday, November 30, and are there through Sunday, December 4 - a brief but hopefully very fun trip.

Who: Myself, DW, DS12, and DS5.

Where: Beach Club Resort

We’ll be staying at the BC resort - we love the resort and the whole Crescent Lake area, and we typically spend a lot of time in Epcot.

Miscellaneous:

• This trip is about Disney at the holidays. Attractions/rides are secondary. We’ll of course hit a number of favorites, but we’ll be focusing on seeing the decorations, visiting some of the resorts, doing the Festival of the Holidays, etc. We aren’t doing MVMCP this year, as DS5 gets real tired as we approach 9 PM, so we didn’t think it would be worth the cost. We’ll save that for a year or two down the road.
  • We’ll be using Genie+ to minimize our time in line, but will be skipping most of the ILL attractions - may hit one or two. We’re planning on returning in April for a longer trip, so we’ll save some of these for then.
  • We’re using Cast and Crew Transportation to get us to and from the airport, with a grocery stop. We used them last time and they were great.

As is typical for me, this won’t be a pure live trip report - I like to focus on my family during our trips - but I will post photos and offer observations throughout, so I fulfill my liner duty.

So relax, sit back, and enjoy! It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

33 Likes

Exciting!!

Have all the fun…

3 Likes

I do hope you have a splendid time.

Did DS do the Christmas Tree Trail this year? Does anyone know? We loved that.

3 Likes

We used this summer as well. They are awesome!

2 Likes

Yay!! Safe travels tomorrow and have all the festive fun! :christmas_tree::santa:

3 Likes

Yes it’s there.

3 Likes

The boys were really excited when we told them about the trip back in October:

PXL_20221016_174910060-ANIMATION

:white_check_mark: Boarding Passes
:white_check_mark: New t-shirts made by DW (both holiday and because kids have this annoying habit that they keep growing…)

:white_check_mark: New MagicBand+s procured, paired to our phones, and charged.

We’re almost ready!

27 Likes

Is this searchable online or do you otherwise have their contact information/website?

3 Likes

I can’t even stand how cute they are!

11 Likes

Here’s their webpage:

6 Likes

Love the shirts!

5 Likes

Was going to send the website but @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma beat me to it!

3 Likes

Off to a great start!! Looking forward to following along.

2 Likes

Car is packed. Off to bed - tomorrow we will be in Disney!

17 Likes

I love this! Safe travels tomorrow.

Your kids might be in bed, but I bet they aren’t sleeping. Excitement insomnia. :grin:

11 Likes

Have a safe trip!

5 Likes

See you real soon!

10 Likes

24 Likes

21 Likes

Looking like an on time departure!

17 Likes