It's the end of the world as we know it, so might as well go to WDW!

Oh my, that’s an amazing view!!! :heart_eyes: Congrats! I hope you take evening pictures from that view too… I’d like to see more holiday castle :wink:

1 Like

That view!!! :heart_eyes: Glad you made it safely!

Wow! Good view!

Awesome view! Glad yall made it safely. Hows DH feeling?

Awesome! How are DH and DS doing? Now that you’re there, how’s your anxiety???

1 Like

Aw man. You got a parking lot view room. Bummer.

:wink:

2 Likes

Awesome view! Glad you all made it there safely and can’t wait to hear about your trip!

1 Like

Ok… The descent was worse, but he’s doing better now.
Grabbed my instacart order, having a snack bc we’re starving, then off to TRex for dinner later.

7 Likes

Disney springs is a zoo… Which I anticipated, but it’s still annoying. It’s also the first place I saw maskholes.

T rex is a hit with DS… Perhaps a little bit to much, he’s off the wall hyper.

After the meal, we’ll probably skip the shops and go back to the room. Maybe stop at sprinkles for a cupcake first… We have other days here not on a weekend.

17 Likes

I can only imagine! Weekends, period, are over the top there.

Is this a euphemism? If so, it’s great!

Glad that TRex is a hit! I’ve looked in there and it is themed very well.

1 Like

Your son is adorable ! I was worried about the zoo-ness of DS for you when you said T-Rex :t_rex: for dinner. At least you have a lovely castle view to go back to. Don’t know what your time change to deal with too.

Mask :mask: holes? That’s new. Not a lot of enforcement there. Come on Disney you can do better!

1 Like

Maskholes is a term used frequently where I’m from (NJ)

We got through DS fine, but we just ate and left, we’ll shop on a weekday when it’s less crazy. DS did get to experience the snoap on the way it, which he was fascinated with. We’re headed back to the room now after a very long wait for a bus.

6 Likes

Whoo, what an epic crash DS had. It’s a lot to take in. By the time we got back to the room, into pajamas, he was waaay past his limit.

DH fell asleep trying to get DS to sleep. So now I’m the only one awake, eating my sprinkles cupcake, and processing the day.

There’s one thing that’s driving me crazy though. There’s is this near constant noise that sounds like tones on a keyboard. WTH is it?!? I suspect it’s going to keep me awake until I get used to it.

Also CR doesn’t have nearly enough drawer storage for a family.

5 Likes

I always sleep with a white noise app (specifically light rainfall). It started a few years ago when there were some disturbing sounds at night in my old house (may be disturbing to some readers =>) cockroach infestation so I started masking it with white noise.

That issue was resolved long ago, but now I still use it and it’s helpful when sleeping in an unusual location - I always have that piece of home with me.

3 Likes

I second the white noise idea.

2 Likes

What a view!!!

1 Like

Woke up at 5AM, so I made some coffee and I’m out on the balcony enjoying this view. My phone REALLY doesn’t do it justice. Weirdly though, last night while we saw the fireworks they set of during the projection changes, you couldn’t really see the projections themselves.

That said, my thoughts and feelings on the CR…
I’m glad we did it, but I’m also glad it was a pixie dust upgrade, bc I don’t think I’d be as happy if we paid for it. DH and I keep comparing it to AKL. The CMs are super nice, but it just doesn’t have … Presence, I guess it’s the word I’m looking for. We miss AKL. We miss the tranquility of the resort.

Today’s our AK day, so I’m thinking depending on how it pans out, we might try to hop over to Kidani for a little AKL fix.

18 Likes

Also? The rooms are desperate for a refurb. Our safe doesn’t work, the fan in the bathroom doesn’t work, the desk lamp flickers and dims to the point that my son calls it “the seizure light.”

For the rack rate, guests deserve better.

4 Likes

That’s terrible. You are right, for the price, it is inexcusable. I don’t have those kind of issues in hotel rooms we pay less than $100 a night for!

3 Likes

I would share your concerns with the front desk staff. Even if you don’t want to move or want the issues addressed during your stay. Those things are unacceptable.

6 Likes