Will this feature work for rented DVC points? I currently have a room request set up on my dashboard for our stay at AKL-Kidani Village…All information needed is there (name, confirmation#). Wanted to make sure my reservation type would work for room request. Thanks!!
It will. My WL stay last week was actually in the Villas. Points rented from DVC Rental.
I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Best value ever. @len and his group just keep making this site worth it.
Continuing the discussion from It’s alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests:
I do not see a response to @smichlig’s question. I have a similar situation. I have one room under my name and my dad’s room under his name. He doesn’t have a TP account. Can I put his request in my fax? Do I need to get an account for him to do this? Should I just take the information from the room finder and send it to our TA? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
@len Use this method for Disneyland and the Grand Californian too? That’s where we are headed this trip.
Thanks
@drbeck - your fax was sent successfully. Let me know how it goes, please.
You can edit the text that will be sent to Disney. Set up one trip with one reservation number, then just add the information for the two other reservation numbers to the body of the Fax.
Any success stories from AoA?
Not yet, @johnrd007, but we’re getting good reports from lots of resorts. It’s just a matter of time, I think.
I just put in a request but our check-in date is in 3 days. Will a fax be able to be sent with such short notice???
Yes, @tammy25 - we’ll fax it in the morning.
I have my request set up for our trip in September for POR. We have a package booked through Disney and the only confirmation number I see is the alpha numeric one. I looked at all of my emails and checked my MDE account. Is there some place else I should check? As of now, I have the alpha numeric one in the request.
@len I’m doing a split stay so I set up the two different trips as you suggested. The Coronado Springs Room Request allowed me to edit and add my Reservation number and info. So I understand what I should see after I pick a room. The Pop Century will not open the “edit” for me to add that hotel’s reservation number. Can you help? Thank you for this awesome feature!
@len we decided to book a last minute trip and are now 2 days out, I submitted our request on the dashboard but can our requests still be faxed? Also do I go ahead and do online check in or should I wait until the fax is sent? Thanks!
We just returned from POR. A wonderful trip and we were given the first room we requested! We had booked a Royal Room and we requested a second floor room in Oak Manor. It was a corner room too! Thanks, Len!! We’ll definitely be using this feature in the future.
@gooftroop do online check in but don’t get specific on room requests.
@needaturkeyleg thanks for the info!
What a great service! I have a reservation for a standard room at GF over spring break. If I request a room that has a non-standard view and I get it, will I be charged for an upgraded room? I don’t want to accidentally choose a room that costs more money. Thanks for all of the great help!
You won’t be charged for it. It does lower your chances of getting the room you’e requesting, but it doesn’t hurt to ask! Good luck.
What I did was create 2 separate trips on the dashboard, one for each hotel stay. Does that work for you?