It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

OK. I’ll send someone over to the resort to clarify. Sorry for the confusion.

Great! We’ll have to spend a bit of time looking over room options & then we’ll try this new fax system. Curious to see how it all works.
Thanks for all the tips!

Hey @len and friends! Today is Feb. 22, and I’m arriving at AoA on Feb. 27. I only just now found the time to make my room request on my TP dashboard. Am I too close to the trip for TP to send a fax? Thank you so much for this option!!!

Excited to see how this works… Have to come back and read all this later:)

Hi. I’m having some trouble finding the rooms I want to request. We are staying at AKL, 2 std rooms (2 queen beds in each); we’re travelling with kids and it’s really important the rooms be interconnecting. I can’t filter on interconnecting in the room Finder tool - which rooms do I need to be looking for? Thanks in advance

Hi, I have a question, too:
Do we add our room request during on-line check-in with My Disney Experience, or do we rely solely on the TP fax request?
Thnx

@Gussy30, @len advised that we list preferences in either the TP fax OR online check-in - NOT both. It may confuse room assigners if requests come through on both forms. Good luck!

2 Likes

You’re not too close. Go ahead and create the fax, and we’ll send it in the morning. (You can always send a fax up to and including the morning of your arrival.) Good luck!

Argh. We still don’t have connecting room info for AKL. I’d put that in the text of your room request, though, along with a few options for room numbers. Hopefully some of them will work out.

If you find connecting rooms, let us know which they are, please. We might be able to figure out a pattern.

Thank you so much!! :smile:

Ok thanks. We will use ONLY the TP fax.

Thanks! I contacted Guy just now. Where do I find the instruction on when/how/what to do with the fax since I’ll have to send manually for the GC?

We’ll get this written up and (hopefully) more automated, but here are the steps:

  1. Create a trip with a start date of your check-in date. When you create that trip, select the resort you’ll be staying at, too.

  2. Using the Hotel Room View tool for that resort, find a room view you like at that resort. When you’ve found one, indicate that one as your request by clicking the link in the upper right corner of that room view. (It’ll say something like “Use this room for my fax request.”)

  3. Back on the Dashboard, your trip’s information will now show the hotel and room number you’re requesting via fax. Click the ‘edit’ button next to the room number, and enter your Disney reservation number, your name, and any other details you’d like to include in your fax (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).

That should be it. Let me know how it goes, please.

3 Likes

Got the bed type we wanted at All Star Movies and the location we wanted at Wilderness Lodge. Thanks Len and Team

1 Like

Where do we see if the room request has been faxed? I haven’t gotten an alert (per @len’s first post on this thread). Just following up to see if it got sent and if there were any errors. Thanks!

We reserved a standard view room at AKL. I’m really hoping to get a bunk bed room, but that’s not listed as a room type on TP hotel room view finder. From others’ experience on here, it seems the bunk bed rooms are mixed in with the 2 queen rooms. I picked a 2 queens standard view room for my fax request (which has all the other attributes I want: some view of animals, upper floor) and put in the notes that we want the bunk beds. I’m wondering, though, if that specific room number that I request has 2 queens, will the room assigner just give me that one? Help, @len ! Should I remove the room numbers from my fax request entirely and just type in what I want in the notes?

Yes, @Melissafent - I’d do that. And let me know if you find a std view bunk bed. Our info comes directly from Disney, but it’s possible that they move things around.

Found your fax for your check-in on 3/3 (it’s fax #640, which I say only so I can find it easier tomorrow).

It should be sent tomorrow morning. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Len

PS: Happy birthday. :smile:

Thanks for sharing about WL!

@len, thanks for following up! I appreciate it. And thanks for the birthday wishes! Can’t get much better than spending the day at Disney World! :blush:

3 Likes