It’s actually happening, WDW here we come!

Ugh! We are having a most unmagical ending to our trip. I checked into our flight yesterday and rechecked which gate we were going to a few times with no issues. We had a 2:45pm pickup scheduled to the airport, while in front of the Boardwalk waiting for our shuttle, I happened to check my email and see that there was an email from Delta with the heading “We know you must be disappointed about your flight being cancelled…” They sent it a 2:21pm for our our 5:59pm flight. We were rescheduled to a 5:40am flight to NY and then a connecting flight to Detroit. I called the Hyatt attached to the airport and got what they told me was their last room (phew!).

So now we are all a little grumpy and tired and stressed, we only have 51 minutes between flight changes in NY I am kind of freaking out.

5 Likes

Wow that is very unmagical! I’m glad you were able to get the Hyatt room.

2 Likes

That’s really rough, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Ugh that’s awful! I’d be grumpy too.

2 Likes

Well, we all had burgers, fries and chocolate shakes in our room while watching Coco (DH and DS had never seen it), and we are all feeling a little better and less cranky. Wish me luck in actually getting on my second flight tomorrow.

13 Likes

Good luck! Coco is one of my absolute faves, good choice.

2 Likes

This is absolutely sucktastic.

I’m not sure my mom could handle this kind of thing traveling on her own. I have zero trust in airlines at this moment in time.

1 Like

The good news is you are at least heading HOME for that nonsense. Even if your luggage doesn’t make it on the second plane as long as you do you are much better off than heading TO vacation. Unless of course you live a long way from Detroit airport. :frowning:

4 Likes

We only live about 30 minutes from the airport, there are several other people on this plane who were also supposed to be on the cancelled flight. I’m hoping they know about all of us and will make sure we all make it onto the next flight.

You are right, much better to have this happen at the end than the beginning of the trip. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed.

8 Likes

Your son has good taste.

1 Like

We made it onto our connecting flight! Finally really headed home!

15 Likes

I just found this report and am loving it because we leave a week from today. I have to agree with what you said about all the parks being open longer. If they were all open until 11:00 or later I wouldn’t even go until 3:00 and then stay until close, enjoying the resort and pool during the day.

5 Likes

We’re flying Delta also, I’ll be sure to watch my email like a hawk I guess. I took two days off after our trip because I’ve heard of this happening so often lately. I’m lucky to have enough vacation time to do that. Glad you all finally got home. It sounds like a great trip.

2 Likes

I hope you have so much fun on your trip!

If you understand what you’re doing with Genie+, which rides to get first and when the drop times are, you will be ahead of 99% of people there.

5 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t originally planning to use Genie+, I was only going to do $ILL but now that I’ve read so much about it, I think I will use it for a couple of our days. Especially when I don’t want to rope drop.

1 Like