It’s actually happening, WDW here we come!

Yesterday we visited Disney Springs. We had an ADR for Homecomin’ which we all enjoyed. The fried green tomatoes were the favorite of our group. We visited the Disney store, DD got a Moana plushie, and I bought a coffee mug, so I can remember this amazing trip every morning while I drink coffee.

We then went to the Lego store where we had reservations for the mini figure build. It was a bit of a let down TBH. We were able to customize a torso, but then we only had a choice of only 4 - 5 different heads, hair and accessories. It was not as cool as the promotional video made it out to be. There was a separate area with bins where you could grab mini figure pieces and create your own without a reservation and those ones were 3/$10. That experience had a better selection, you just didn’t get a custom brick with your mini-figure’s name printed on it. We did both, and my kids each picked out a Lego set and had them shipped home.

It was very hot and humid yesterday, we all went back the BWI and changed our shirts because we were so sweaty, then we walked over to Epcot tapped in, walked out (annoying park reservations) and hopped on the skyliner to HS. We tapped into HS at about 4:30pm.

I know that Genie+ has a lot of room for improvement, but we had a great day with it yesterday, I just stacked all day and this is what we had when we walked into the park:

DD and I finally got to ride MMRR, we liked it more than we liked Remy. Afterwards, we all got some ice cream and chatted with a really nice cast member named Carter. DH and DD didn’t want to ride TOT, so they popped over to Star Tours which was a walk-on, then we all met up for SDD. TSMM was down, so our LL converted to any anytime LL, DS wanted to use it on MFSR, we did better this time. Then we headed over to Rise. We had a way cooler experience this time. On May 4 our ride skipped past a good chunk of the preshow with Poe and Rae. This version was way better and the CM’s were way more into their roles. So the lesson is, if you are a big Star Wars fan, don’t go to SWGE on May the 4th.

On our way out we passed by Star Tours and it was a 5 minute wait, so everyone jumped into that line except me, I sat outside of the Backlot Express, put my feet up and drank water.

We took the skyliner back and got to see the Epcot fireworks from there. We made it back to the Boardwalk area around 9:30, we sat outside and ate corn dogs and fries for dinner at 10pm and everything was perfect.

Pictures from the Boardwalk photo booth:

20 Likes

Glad you enjoyed Homecomin, sorry the minifigure experience wasn’t as good as expected. That’s quite the line up for HS!! Love the photo booth pics.

3 Likes

This is my favorite souvenir for exactly this reason!

That was some great stacking. Sounds like a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Yes! You rocked the stacking!

3 Likes

You’ll need to post that in our coffee mug thread.

This part is cool, though!

Impressive!

Great idea!

These are awesome!!!

1 Like

Good point about experiencing big experiences on big days (5/4). Temper expectations and know there will be trade offs!

1 Like

This makes me happy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Great Genie+ lineup!

Also, I love DS’s Link shirt!

3 Likes

He’s a big classic Nintendo fan. Our next big Disney trip will be in 2024 to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood for Super Nintendo World.

4 Likes

Here’s our design screen in TT

4 Likes

Well that’s a bummer.

1 Like

It’s ok, I’m just being whiny, at least the ride is still running.

3 Likes

Today was a much slower day for us, we were all pretty tired so we took it super easy. We wanted to end the day at Epcot, but because of how the APR’s were, we were locked into going to HS first.

DS and DH really wanted to sleep in, so we decided we wouldn’t leave the resort until 10am. I booke us a SDD for 10:30-11:30am, we rode that, ordered lunch from Backlot Express, we tried the Wookiee cookie and the shimmer blondie, they were both good, but we loved the blondie best.
After lunch, we went to the Frozen sing along. It was the first time we had seen it, so fun!

We went back to the resort, cooled off, took a nap and packed up most of our room. DH and DS took their droid and light saber to be shipped.

At 5pm we headed to Epcot, we had a LL for TT, we waited for about 30 minutes because it was down, we finally got to our design area and our screen was not working. We just watched DD and DS design a car. After the ride we walked through the Creations shop, then headed to our Space 220 lounge reservation. This was DS’s only request for a restaurant. It was fun, we had a great server and enjoyed the ambiance.
We finished the night out by watching Harmonious.

Now we are back in the room cooling off and feeling a little sad about leaving tomorrow.

13 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

I’m sad for you!

1 Like

Love DH’s and DS’s shirts.

1 Like

Thank you!

We’ll we all officially have the last day blues. Sitting on a bench in the shade waiting for our 11:25 Trattoria Al Forno breakfast, then DD will get to swim for a bit and we get picked up at 2:45 to head to the airport.

7 Likes

:disappointed:

Better start planning the next trip!

4 Likes

Haha, yes! The only known cure for post-Disney withdrawal.

8 Likes