It’s actually happening, WDW here we come!

This sounds great! This is my split but ending at Poly. Can’t wait to keep reading!

1 Like

I have loved every minute at the Poly, it’s such a nice resort. I’m excited to see how BWI is, but I am a little sad to leave here, it just has some sort of special Disney charm that I love.

6 Likes

Sometimes what happens when your plans fall apart is magical and makes for fabulous memories! It’s still crap when you’ve spent so much time planning though :joy:

5 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Those are great family pics!

4 Likes

The trip maybe last summer when we were there at the same time I felt so unlucky compared to you. You kept posting “posted waits” for things like Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise and you’d wait like 1/4 of that time and I’d get in line when it’d say 45 min (it had said 30 min when we were on our way to a ride) and we’d end up waiting an hour. Lol.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Your plan for the day sounds perfect! It will be very nice to just have a few LL / ILL attractions and then just go at your own pace the rest of the time. Great choice for a moving day.

4 Likes

Thank you. So far our day has gone perfectly. We are sitting outside at Dino-Bite having ice cream, getting ready for our dinosaur LL and then off to Pandora!

6 Likes

I can relate!! Are you usually an early bird or only at Disney?

1 Like

This is such a key skill for the Disney planner in the family. We have this vision in our heads and know how things are supposed to go… but sometimes things go a different way… learning to go with the flow a bit is a great way to face those situations.

6 Likes

Sleeping in until 8-9 is my ideal at home, but here I’m up at 6 impatiently waiting for the day to start!

3 Likes

Yesterday was so great! After Epcot we made our way to the BWI. DD was very impressed with the lobby, she kept saying “just look at this place!” Our room was ready and when we got to it around 3:45 and called bell services, our luggage was here too!

Yesterday was hot and extra humid, we all had to change our shirts when we got to the room because we were so sweaty. We almost bailed on our evening Pandora plans, but some angel had set our room temperature to 65 and lying down for a few minutes in the very cool air really refreshed us.

We rode dinosaur for the first time, it was pretty fun, I was prepared for something much scarier and bumpier based on reviews.

We finally rode Navi river journey and got to see Pandora at night, totally worth it!

Test Track was DD and DS’s favorite ride of the day

15 Likes

My DS loves Test Track too!

5 Likes

I’ll finish yesterday’s report later, I just got us an 8:45am ROTR ILL! Gotta go!

13 Likes

We got some photo pass photos last night:

23 Likes

I really don’t think it gets better than this

25 Likes

Great family picture!

3 Likes

Does not get better than that. I would frame it!

3 Likes

Today’s goal was to do all of the Star Wars stuff. I snagged an ILL for ROTR for 8:45am and a LL for MFSR at 12:30pm, DH had a droid appointment for 2:40 and DS had a Savi’s appointment at 3:45pm.

DH, DS and I were all super excited, DD woke up SO GRUMPY. She was angry we had woken her up and she just wanted to stay in bed. She’s usually the first one up in the mornings, so I was surprised, but we have been staying up much later than usual. Luckily we were able to turn it around by the time we hit the park.

As expected, it was very crowded due to May the 4th. We went right to Rise and rode with no problem! Everyone loved it, what a cool ride! DS and DH tried the blue and green milk, I tried some, I think the green was ok, but the blue tasted like perfume. DD didn’t care for either one. Then we went to Star Tours with a LL, after that we got some food at ABC Commissary. I wanted to go to Woody’s lunch box, but everyone was hungry and the first available pickup window for Woody’s was 2.5 hours out.
We got to sit inside in AC and that was good for all of us.

We made our way back into GE and did MFSR, we were the only 4 in our mission. DD and DS were pilots DH and I were gunners. It’s good no one else was on with us, DS kept getting distracted and not doing her part, we had a bad score at the end, but we all really enjoyed it.

DD and I were planning to head back to the BWI, but DH wanted to catch Indiana Jones, so we all did that together. DD and I grabbed some slushies and took the boat back to the resort. DS and DH stayed to do the droid and lightsaber. I grabbed them a MMRR LL. DD and I had considered going back to join them for that ride, but DD just wanted some down time, and a swim. I’m sitting in the shade at the pool now. I love all of the shade here, but what’s the deal with a shrubbery wall blocking the view of the pool? DD is a strong swimmer and can touch the bottom even at the deepest area, but I always feel more comfortable if I can keep my eye on her while she swims.

So far today has been really good. We are going to wait for it to cool off and then walk around the boardwalk tonight.

Tomorrow we have a Homecomin’ reservation at 11:15am, and a Lego mini-figure build at 2pm.
I’m planning to stack some evening rides at HS- Slinky, TSMM, MMRR and TOT are what we want, but we have a Sci-Fi reservation on Friday for lunch, so anything we don’t get to tomorrow, we will try to hit then.

15 Likes