It happened

It took three pre-dawn attempts, but star wars bucket list item fulfilled

20 Likes

Were you left or right?!

1 Like

Is there a way to ensure you get pilot? Is there a specific number you should stand on or something? We are a group of six and I want to make sure DS19 and DS8 get to be pilots because they would appreciate it the most. It would be completely wasted on a few members of our party so I’m trying to figure out if I can (with insider knowledge) manipulate where each person stands so the kids get the “best” spots.

1 Like

Right. Junior wanted left so he could yell “punch it chewie” to me

9 Likes

Party of six yall will be the only group. You can just let the kids fly, trading is allowed

1 Like

My understanding was that it would just be our group, but I’m a little concerned that people that wouldn’t appreciate it anyway would rather stick with pilot for the cool factor rather than give it up so one of the kids could enjoy it. I’m hoping to get the boys into pilot spots without everyone realizing what’s happening.

3 Likes

Pffft. Tell them to get over themselves, Mama Bear.

7 Likes

(By which I mean, you should pull Mama Bear on anyone who won’t let the kids sit in the pilot seats.)

9 Likes

too funny

1 Like

I want to be a gunner and shoot the heck outta stuff

4 Likes

I don’t want to be pilot! Too much pressure!

4 Likes

Oh, it’s amazing. The other gigs don’t compare

:rofl:. My kids say this all the time!

As a party of 6, you can trade jobs. In both times that I rode, two people in front of us wanted to be pilot and the cast member held them at the front of the line and placed them with the next group.

It was a real bummer the second time as we were a group of 3 and I had assumed we would be all three jobs. I didn’t realize what had happened until we were in the loading area.

DS and I got the pilot seats last time and no way was I giving it up for another kid! Why shouldn’t adults get to enjoy the experience as well? Trust me, I was just as excited for the ride as anyone there.

2 Likes

In a group of 6 where everyone knows the kids, and the kids are way more excited than the adults (as described by OP), I would totally give my relatives a hard time if they wouldn’t trade. Flip side, if there were more than 2 people in my group who were really excited, I’d just take the hand fate dealt us.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense! I’d also make the relatives ride again so I could do the pilot after the kids got a turn! :slightly_smiling_face:

…and we were horrible pilots. I can’t wait to try again to see if we can do any better!

don’t break my middle aged heart…I’ve been star wars since 77. I need pull the lever for lightspeed :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It was pretty awesome…

1 Like

I swear, I’m not advocating SW heart break. Only that if you don’t even know which seat is Chewie’s, you clearly need to pass your pilot assignment to one of your family members who understands the significance of sitting in that cockpit. I’m also hoping we can go through twice because there are 4 of us and at least 3 of us are really excited to fly the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

6 Likes