Is Walt Disney world going to close

Roundtrip airline tickets from DC to Orlando are $49 now :astonished:

2 Likes

I hear you. We are supposed to arrive Saturday. Trying to keep positive and pack, but so hard.

2 Likes

We leave next week too. I would just rather I know they are going to close before I get down there!

1 Like

Is anyone at touring plans- hearing anything?

I think itā€™ll close. And soon. And for a while. I think my June trip is doomed.

We are in the same boat; have been planning for this for almost a year to drive down from Kansas City. No bueno.

My daughter is freaking out. She doesnā€™t want to have to leave. She has been talking about the Disney college program since she was 10 years old. I know there are way more important things than this but Iā€™m so sad that this once in a lifetime opportunity for her may end this way :cry: She says all of the CMs are just in shock. Leaders have been telling them that they wouldnā€™t close but now with the news out of DLā€¦ Also, the play area at Dumbo while waiting in line is now optional!

2 Likes

Same boat here. Planned for a year. Suppose to get on plane Sat morning. Sunday is MK. Staying off property at Airbnb which is not refundable. If I cancel Southwest flights the travel credits are only good through mid-Sept which is less than helpful. Family meeting with all 10 of us (6 adults) tonight.

1 Like

I am not so sure about that. Most of what is closing around here is just until the end of March/beginning of April at this point. Iā€™m sure there will be reassessments, but it would be devastating across the board if everything closed for 3 months in the US.

2 Likes

Tokyo has extended their closure and I think Paris will follow. One of my colleagues was due to visit in a few weeks time. They report that face characters were the first to be cancelled, then the other characters, now the parades and shows. So at the moment they have just rides! They are rescheduling their visit. Whatā€™s the point if there is no atmosphere.

We are due to visit wdw from uk in early May. We really want it to go ahead, but I fear it will be cancelled some time soon. Especially with the announcement from your president today. Closures are weeks at a time, but covid19 is only just getting started in Europe and the states.

I hope Iā€™m wrong

1 Like

Were you already using previously rescheduled SW credits?

ā€œ If your plans change or if you decide to postpone your travel, the funds used to pay for your flight can be applied to future travel as long as you cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. The funds are valid for future travel up to one year from the original purchase date and must be used by the individual named on the ticket. ā€

Last I heard, we have NBA and NHL suspending their seasons, MLS not starting its season, MLB postponing Spring Training, AND the NCAA March Madness now cancelled!

1 Like

Iā€™m flying there Saturday morning! Hoping it holds off for another week at least :pray:

1 Like

SW original purchase date was mid Sept 2019. The funds are good till mid Sept 2020. My kidsā€™ fall break starts Oct 3rd. So close! They did say they could extend the funds for 6 months for $100 per person, but that they couldnā€™t do that until the funds expire in mid Sept 2019, so I would be booking last minute airfare at that time.

Ugh. Maybe theyā€™ll come around and cut you a break when things settle back down.

2 Likes

I am thinking this is why the Star Wars dessert party hasnā€™t opened for April yet.

1 Like

We are also due to fly out from UK in early May and we are getting very worried. Itā€™s our honeymoon so weā€™ll be gutted if its cancelled :tired_face:

Hope that all those due to go soon are not disappointedā€¦

1 Like

My husband says all his MD colleagues at the hospital (coastal VA) are all worried. He just said no school or daycare for the kids and no going out. Just postpone your trip to avoid the cancellation fee, but donā€™t go. It sucks, bad, but he says being there last week (we got back 3/8) was a terrible idea and it might already be too late.

Ugh.

2 Likes

I kind of hope they do close soon. I would be really heart broken if I had a wdw vacation planned and then it was called off, but thereā€™s really a value in keeping people apart during an outbreak.

Iā€™m really worried about the cast members who will be out of work. I hope Disney will take care of their people.

Closure seems inevitable.

2 Likes

So sorry, whether you go in May or postpone it to a later date you will have a fab time. I hope your wedding day is the best.

A friend sent a message From face book with a quote saying is it wrong I am more concerned about how covid will disrupt my holiday plans than I am of catching it!

You will be like me, constantly checking for updates and checking my holiday insurance.

1 Like