Is Tron the first WDW attraction for which we won’t need an abbreviation?

I haven’t thought about the answer to this. I figure one of you will instantly fire back with another such attraction if it exists.

3 Likes

Space and Splash
You can’t call either of them SM because they are in the same park.

7 Likes

Well, now that I’ve already posted I see that the ride’s full name is Tron Lightcycle Power Run. But does anyone ever call it that??

1 Like

Yeah, but I consider those abbreviations. And now I guess the whole question is moot because Tron is also technically an abbreviation.

2 Likes

Please, Liners, we don’t need to call this TLPR, do we??

3 Likes

You did ask about abbreviations.

1 Like

And no. It will be Tron, same as Buzz, you don’t need the acronym and nobody would understand it if you used it.

5 Likes

You hear that, people? @missoverexcited has decreed it!

When I first joined the forum, I found the ubiquitous obscure abbreviations off-putting. I understand people use them to save keystrokes but it’s so bewildering for new users. So now, even though I hardly ever need to look things up in the abbreviations thread myself, I usually spell out most things on first reference when I post, or use an easily discernible abbreviation like Guardians or Everest.

9 Likes

Moot point. And the reason why Disney is changing the ride. Soon enough it’ll be SM and TBA.

And Pooh

Though have we settled on what we’re calling Remy? Remy? Or RRA?

And Hagrid. Which is not HMCMA. Actually, we UOR types don’t use acronyms for rides at all.

5 Likes

Remy.

3 Likes

I nearly said and Pooh, but I do see quite a few people call it WTP.

What about RRR? Or VC, or F&F? But it’s definitely Hagrid’s.

3 Likes

See, I still have to rack my brain to come up with Rip Ride Rockit for this one.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Good point. But I think those are the exceptions that prove the rule. Can you think of any more?

1 Like

FJ

And please don’t reply with FU :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I always take a beat to translate BLSRS. Buzz is shorter and much preferred by autocorrect :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

8 Likes

I suspect some people use such abbreviations not because it’s quicker but because it conveys they’re “one of us.”

3 Likes

I really think we need a ride with Splish in its name. Then we could have Splish and Splash but I guess it’s also moot as Splash will be renamed to Tiana’s Interesting Times or maybe even Tiana’s Wonderful Adventures in Terrebonne. Instead of just still Splash. Or Tiana’s Wonderful Adventures in Splash Mountain (since the Imagineers responsible for naming much of Pixar Place are busy elsewhere).

4 Likes

MIB

I’ll stop now :+1:t2::laughing:

4 Likes

I thought that The Ride Formerly Known As Splash was going to be bad enough :scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh, drat, I had thought of mentioning that and then forgot it. Shucks . . .

:blush:

1 Like