Is this the dumbest idea anyone's ever had?

It is a 3

1 Like

You’re damned right we are. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch a wonderful parade of characters and you robbed me of it. I shall never forgive you. Never.

She bought one for you, too?

It’s a shoe-in for a Bafta.

I don’t know. I’ve never tried it. It’s impractically shaped.

2 Likes

Matt here is a review on Tony’s Tony's Town Square Review | Disney Dining Show | 06/01/18 - YouTube

You know there are problems when the head chef agrees that the food is not that good but the steak was good.

So watch this so when you change your mind again you’ll know what not to order.

2 Likes

I’m glad you cancelled the dinner/parade package. There are many ways to spend extra money at WDW; this would be way at the bottom of my list.

FWIW, Tony’s is really not all that bad; the caprese salad and bread basket were really very good (I got a second bread basket). I had the spaghetti and meatballs (kind of had to - Lady and the Tramp thing) and although far from the best I’ve ever had, they were certainly tasty enough (although certainly not up to Tutto Italia). If only you could get a glass of red wine to go with it…

I haven’t tried Skipper’s yet (next trip), but given the other options, and the challenges (and cost) of dinner at BOG, I’d certainly consider going back if I had to do a TS dinner in the MK.

2 Likes

I agree with this whole-heartedly! And, at least one time I saw cast members remove the barriers a few minutes before the parade arrived and anyone could walk over to the prime viewing area. I think they must have had a low turnout that day.

Eraser proof. I don’t lie

2 Likes

Yeah, cos it’s real hard to download a generic photograph of an eraser from the internet.

Look! Here are all my erasers. All neatly piled together. Because I own an eraser factory.

3 Likes

Yes I am happy. It is not hard to get a spot for the parade. Spots are much easier to get then HEA.

If i was going to be in Disney while you were there i would have offered find a good spot and hold it for you for $50.

You will get a good spot without waiting too long.

4 Likes

Dying :joy::joy::joy:

Smart thinking!!!

1 Like

Would you let me sit on your shoulders to get a better view?

2 Likes

I. Can’t. Even. Stop. Laughing. :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

This is how @MDU and @Camsdad started as I remember.

I absolutely love the back and forth between @profmatt and @OBNurseNH! You two crack me up! I try not to miss any of ya’lls antics :joy:

2 Likes

I sat directly across from the “prime viewing spot” for 100% no additional cost - and did not have to stake it out hours in advance. MAYBE 30 minutes - which is when the people who wanted to be in the front of the “prime viewing spot” were getting there anyway (at least).

Only difference in the view was I saw the left side and they saw the right - but the characters acknowledge both sides, so no damage done.

2 Likes

It’s pretty cool that that happened!

I would need to figure out what amount that would cost you. Of course with an agreement that should i collapse under you i will not be responsible for you missing the parade and you will be responsible for medical expenses. :wink:

2 Likes

I come back after a weekend, and this thread…happens.

But I am surprised by this bit:

There’s a parade? Huh. I thought that all those people lining the streets was the mandatory time for folks to keep the ride queues low for our family and must stand along the sidewalks instead!

Weird.

5 Likes