Is this the dumbest idea anyone's ever had?

So I’m worried that my holiday is not going to cost enough money and Disney will go bankrupt.

I was thinking about the Festival of Fantasy Parade and I read about the dining package. Primo viewing spot by the flagpole, for $54. As a punishment they make you eat at Tony’s, which is apparently the worst restaurant east of the Mississippi.

Now, I don’t have time to eat at Tony’s and I don’t particularly want to. But I like the sound of the primo viewing spot. Direct view as parade comes down Main Street, inches away from the performers and parade vehicles. One negative: scorchingly hot with zero shade.

So my plan is to go to Tony’s at my ADR time. Say, “I’ll have some coffee and cake, but that’s all.” Pay far too much money for coffee and cake. Get my Golden Ticket for the primo viewing. Do loads of rides. Get an icy Starbucks Frapuccino, walk to the primo viewing spot. Have a primo viewing experience.

Is this the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t spend $52 for the parade. Plenty of other ways to give that money to Disney and save them from bankruptcy. A souvenir pencil perhaps. That costs about the same.

6 Likes

Actually, they cost a lot more. I spent probably thousands of dollars last year very heavily subsidising my friend’s visit to WDW with me. As a thank you she bought me — I’m not making this up — a souvenir pencil. I’d say it’s the most expensive thing I own.

Did I mention the viewing spot is a primo one?

4 Likes

It’s totally not worth it, Matthew. The prime viewing is in the middle of Town Square. Direct hot hot sun in June, no hope of relief. The view there is no better than any of a bajillion other places along the route and including Town Square. There is a shaded spot just in front of Chamber of Commerce that is free and that you can get a place at if you arrive at 3:00. Trust me. Save the $ and find some other way to spend it helping Disney stay afloat.

6 Likes

Why don’t you want me to be happy? Why are you taking this away from me?

I want to be Leo. Just for a day. Is that so much to ask?

6 Likes

Do that. Just not in this way.

2 Likes

Exactly. How much more would you like to spend? We can find a great way! Granted, it won’t be the dumbest way to spend that money, so if that’s what your going for this would be a great choice :joy:

4 Likes

Ugh.

Happy now?

8 Likes

Quite.

You’ve made some interesting choices with his vacation. That one was not one of the better ones. I’m glad you asked us to set you straight.

4 Likes

On the plus side, if I don’t find an ultra-primo spot 15 seconds before the beginning of the parade, I’ll have someone to blame. Loudly. And frequently.

4 Likes

Cheers to that!

3 Likes

New plan.

I’m going to stand opposite the people in the primo spot and take photographs of their smiling faces as they enjoy their primo view. And then post them here with acerbic and bitter commentary.

8 Likes

I’d like to see a picture of this souvenir pencil… I’d also love it if you subsidized my next trip. I promise that I will buy you that dining package for your thoughtfulness. Or, at the very least, that giant Mickey Cinnamon roll. Or a souvenir Mickey pen that falls apart on the first use.

3 Likes

Did you think I was making it up?

17 Likes

Another great idea would be to order the Mickey Kitchen Sink for 1 at $32.00. You could ask neighbors to join you.

1 Like

Great idea! You will be in any one of a bajillion great spots in Town Square and will enjoy the parade immensely (lacking, though it will be, in a fire-breathing dragon). Please feel free to ENJOY the parade and thumb your nose at those in the “primo viewing” area. Your photos will come out best of your back is to the entrance/train station as the sun will also be at your back in that position. Cheers!

3 Likes

And there is the USA again

ETA: nice pencil. Looks very top of the line

2 Likes

Don’t other people know about this?

What about the terrace thing by the railway station? Will that be packed with people? Exciting downwards view.

Do I have to explain it all again? The yellow dots are places I’ve been.

1 Like

Nope, knew you were not making that up. As pencils go, it’s not too bad; except that it gives me the heeby-jeebies to look at a pencil with no erasers. It’s an OCD thing.

2 Likes