Is there a limit on which alcoholic beverages you can get with the DDP?

Doing DDP for the first time this summer…just curious if there’s a price cap or list for the alcoholic beverages that are included with the DDP. TIA.

DH was able to switch out his dessert for a beer at POFG on DDP. We didn’t try in the parks b/c we did quick service. The only other time we had adult beverages was at 50’s Diner and we didn’t pay for that w/ DDP.

I think there is a cap, but it is pretty high. Like over $15 high. So most mixed drinks, beer or glasses of wine. I got a Sazerac at Boatwrights for $11.50 and the Old Fashioned Elder for $12 at Homecomin. You can also get drinks at QS at resorts, just remember to check the coolers that have single serving wines and cans of beer.

Also, most of the QS at parks other than MK have options, and even then I think BOG now has mimosas.

1 Like

This is something that is not clear. Yes on the DP you are entitled to one alcoholic beverage with your meals, but there are limits. What the limits are is a good question, last year I had to ask at each meal. At buffets you should be able to get a soda and a alcoholic beverage. The soda comes with the meal and the alcoholic beverage comes with your DP.

2 Likes

Yep. Just had one this past weekend. They also have a peach bellini.

3 Likes

There are limits to the alcoholic beverages you can get, but it varies by each restaurant. Had 'Ohana you can’t get the Lapu Lapu in the pineapple on the dining plan (but you can get it in a regular glass–which is not nearly as fun or as good). To me it seems they usually don’t allow any type of drink flights on the plan. Yet I have had $20+ glasses of wine on the plan. I can’t really figure it out so I always just ask what is included.

7 Likes

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I had this same question! I am evaluating my meal locations based on what kind of drinks I can get! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Overall I didn’t love most of the mixed drinks we had, but we did have some good wine.

1 Like

I am planning on wine at BOG, but I was curious about some of the other mixed drinks–hoping the ones at Storybook Dining are included!

2 Likes

Oh yes they are!! Just had dinner there on Sunday and used the dining plan. That was the exception to the mixed drinks–we really liked ours there. It was an amazing use of 1 TS credit on the dining plan. The food was amazing and characters were great. I was impressed.

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear it! I had read conflicting stuff and wondered if they were an additional cost. I am super excited about eating there.

1 Like

We were allowed to get an alcoholic drink and a non alcoholic drink as well.
My friend had the Enchanted Apple and it was yummy. I enjoyed my Evil to the Core drink, but you have to like tequila (my friend doesn’t and hated the drink).

3 Likes

Excellent. I was wondering how the DDP is with the specialty non-alcoholic drinks, since my kids are really wanting stuff like Boba Tea at Skipper Canteen or the tropical juice drink at Satuli Canteen. And as for liking tequila, it is exciting to know that you could actually taste the alcohol in a Disney drink! Ha!

4 Likes

Look at it this way you are not really paying for it so why not try it, especially if you still can have a soda or iced tea. This had just occurred to me to think this way about the extras. We will have the Deluxe dining plan so it goes the same for apps, why not try something you might not if you were paying out of pocket for.
Years ago DW and I went to Key West to toast the sun set. We used to watch a show that a guy would drink mojitos DW said to get her one, it was just terrible we both did not like it at all. Don’t know if it was made wrong or if that is how it is, but we were upset with that choice. I’ll drink anything once just tell me what’s in it. I should have liked it from what’s in it but no thank you, one and done.

2 Likes

Excellent point! I think we made good use of our dining plan. I usually don’t do the dining plan but my friend wanted to so we did. We booked expensive one credit character meals. It was worth it.

1 Like

Last year we saved hundreds by the meal plan because we got one free QS each day and I upgraded to DDP. This trip DDDP and that saves about $400 but I’m sure we will be stuffed. I’m looking to bring stuff back with us for the trip home.

1 Like

We did the deluxe DP for just two nights (split stay). It did save lots of money and we were stuffed but I loved it.

1 Like

Seemed to be limits at the QS locations, no glow cubes for example. Never ran into limits at a TS, but also never went very high.

1 Like