Is June really that bad?

Apparently “miserable” is an actual designation above “oppressive”. :sweat_smile: Welcome to Orlando (and Houston)!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miserable it is!

2 Likes

and NOLA

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the great info! I am definitely thinking about whether there is some other time to visit. I am sure I will have 100 other questions in the coming weeks! Thanks again.

3 Likes

Good point. I went back and added their graph in. Houston…still more miserable. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Late August is my pick over early June.

IF your school goes back after Labor Day.

Otherwise I’d schedule my trip to end about 5 to 7 days before your school starts. Or even 3 if your kids calm down quickly.

Central Missouri schools start about mid August, usually mid week. Usually there’s a flurry of back to school shopping beginning 2 weeks before and really ramping up in the days before school starts - the keep away from the stores kind. :flushed:

Most people can’t plan a trip and back to school simultaneously.

1 Like

In Arizona school usually ends on May twenty-something. But then it starts up in early to mid August. In 2021 it was like August 3rd or something ridiculously early like that.

2 Likes

With the exception of rain, which ruins everything, I like the weather in June. It’s so ridiculous that it’s fun. It’s completely different to the weather in the UK.

Besides, the worst, most trip-destroying rain I’ve had has been in December.

2 Likes

Saturday, i was in shorts sweating by the grill (char broiled oysters). Sunday, woke up, cooked my New Years meal (trying to shake things up a bit, lol) in shorts. Temp dropped 30-35 degrees with in hours. Didn’t realize. Went to take the dog out to potty and had to freeze without rushing her (just had ACL repaired, major surgery) That was miserable, lol. Sunday night - last night freeze warnings.

3 Likes

Thats how we are short of. Schools close between second and third week of May, everything wrapped up by Memorial day. We did 2 trips right after an early Memorial Day weekend and it wasn’t busy at all! Plenty kids still in school.

1 Like

It was February for me. Wet and cold is worse than just wet, by a long shot. Rain is almost welcome in July, as long as you can stay or get dry.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Yeah…

3 Likes

Same here. Sunday our humidity started out close to 100% and the high of around 80? Early morning.

1 Like

Worst cold was December in 2006. We were at Fort Wilderness and that boat ride from MK was brutal after dark. Guests were wearing sweatshirts for hats. We had driven down, so had winter gear. Our meal at Concourse Steakhouse was chilly. Whooosh - here comes another monorail with more cold air. :grin:

Worst single rain was 2008 in September when we had ADRs at Akershus. A hurricane was coming ashore in MS or LA with a spiral arm moving across central Florida. We waded across a deserted Future World on our way to Norway. Water was coming in the door at Akershus. I really questioned our decision making skills. And how the heck were all these little princesses dry!??!! Also, a warm towel concession would have made a pot of money.

We’ve toured in rain in June and July. That September hurricane arm was miserable.

1 Like