Is Beach Club all it's cracked up to be for First Timers?

Also late to the thread. Basically, I don’t think you can go wrong. My kids will choose BCV first every time, and Poly for the MK hotels (8 & 5 last time we were at BCV, 8 & 4 last time at BLT). They love BLT too though (also for very bizarre reasons, but it doesn’t matter). There are good points for both adults and kids with either choice. They’ll love it or they won’t.

Personal note - my first trip I went kicking and screaming. I thought it was the worst waste of a family holiday ever (we only had one kid at the time) but we went with DH’s brother’s family and … here we still are. DH regrets it. Bitterly. I’m grateful. Hoping for the same for you!

1 Like

I’m not a frequent poster, but thought I’d chime in because I was once “not a Disney person,” but have been converted…largely by the Yacht & Beach Club! Love the fact that it feels like a really beautiful hotel that you would stay at outside of Disney. The location is so great for being able to come back and relax at the pool (esp with small kids) and still go to Epcot at night. I think you should let you family stay here since it speaks to them…that way you can make lots of other recommendations on other topics.

2 Likes

Not a popular opinion, but neither would be my first, second, or even third choice of where to stay.

My kids are old now (15 & 20) and we don’t own DVC so it was never an option. POR was our go to when they were little for many trips over the years, as the roll out trundle in Alligator Bayou was perfect for a toddler/little person. Eventually we also stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few trips, one night at Yacht/Beach Club (non-DVC), and a couple of stays at Pop Century. Dd and I rented points at Poly last week for the first time.

That all said we LOVED Stormalong Bay but were not overly impressed w/ the resort otherwise. It seemed really generic to us. We were there for a 1 night, post-cruise, non-park stay so the proximity to DHS and EPCOT were only a bonus because we watched the DHS fireworks from the pool. It didn’t help that our view was of the top of the roof of another part of the building and we are from the Northeast so the small amount of “theming” that was part of the resort wasn’t really theming to us.

I am not a fan of generic rooms at WDW. One of our POR trips we eneded up in Mansions and I was extremely disappointed. WL, Poly, POR-AB, Pop…all very themed and I feel like I am at WDW. To be honest, I don’t think I would be a fan of either BCV or BLT (although I’d be at WDW so a stay at either would be amazing as I wouldn’t be at home!). If I had to choose one it would be definitely be a toss up due to proximity of parks (not views) and the pool at BCV.

In the end, if your brother requested one over the other I would honor his wishes.

I love BLT and I love the layout of the BLT studio

1 Like

I love how opinionated everyone is about CR/BLT. It’s tied for our favorite (with Boardwalk). I know it’s not super themed but there’s something so Disney about a hotel with the monorail going through it. We love it!

Also - the 1 bedrooms there are amazing and huge. Two bathrooms!

3 Likes

The 2BRs at BLT are huge as well! I’m surprised the studios are so small.

3 Likes

Also late to the thread, but for what it’s worth…
Family loves BCV because it is a change in atmosphere from the parks. They like that laid-back beachy feel. They like walking to Epcot.
For me, BCV is meh.
I love BLT because I really feel like I am in Disney there. Loved taking the kids over to Chef Mickeys when they were young, so convenient. Loved watching fireworks from the Sky Bridge. Loved being able to hop over and back from the MK when they were tired. Love the Lake View at sunrise. Love the Contempo Cafe and The Wave Restaurant (name has changed?). Also, imo, their gift shops are superior to other resorts. Love the second bathroom in the 1 BR Villa, (which most other resorts don’t have). Easy access to MK and Epcot via monorail.
In summary, if all the littles want to do is swim, then I think BCV is better. Also, better if they are SW fans. But if they are still young enough for Disney fantasy, I would choose to be near MK and BLT is the perfect resort!

2 Likes

Well the option might be taken out of my hands. I put in the request and so far… no one has fullfilled the request.

So we’ll see. Woulda figured I’d be out some money by now but…welp, whattayagonna do? lol

1 Like

If they’re not Disney addicts, why pay Disney Deluxe prices?? I am a Disney fan and do NOT think Disney earns what they charge for deluxe. I like the short walk, boats, and skyliner of the BC, but it needs TLC and does not scream “deluxe” Destino Tower or any moderate refurbished room is nicer then BC.

Very similar answer for BLT. Great to walk to your room and avoid the MK park closing madness, that’s about it.

Discloser - we leave early and come back late, so overpaying for a “deluxe” room is not in our plans.

I’ve read every post so I know your hands might be tied but just wanted to support the consensus that BC is a great choice for first timers. We loved our stay at YC. Our 1 yo and 2 yo preferred the quiet pool to SAB, and we practically had it to ourselves, so that was great too. We loved QS at the market there. The dining and shopping options are great. We didn’t have PH and still loved it. I personally love lagoon view but can’t compare it to theme park view (having never experienced theme park view)

11 Likes