Into the Unknown - Large Family Trip Report, Now with Wrap-up Thoughts!

We are officially on the road! Our group includes me, DH, DD5, DD1 (who will actually be 2 in 2.5 weeks!), my parents, my brother, his wife, and their two kids (niece is 4 and nephew is 2). My parents and brother left from Mississippi this morning. We left from Tennessee yesterday afternoon, spent the night in Georgia, and now we’re all meeting in Lake City tonight, then arriving in the World tomorrow! Our kids aren’t really used to long car trips, so we decided to break it into manageable chunks this way. We almost talked ourselves into flying, but the prices really weren’t great with it being weekend, and I had a coworker get stranded in FL last month during all the Southwest cancellations, so we decided to avoid that. So, here we go, checking out all the Tesla superchargers on the way to Orlando.

We’re all staying 11/14-11/20 at Bay Lake Tower (on rented points) in a theme park view grand villa. I can’t wait to see the fireworks from there! DD5 has been once when she was 2.5yo, but this is the first trip for all the other kids. My SIL has only ever been on cheerleading trips as a teen, so this will be her first trip to focus on the parks. My parents adore WDW, so treating them to DVC rooms this trip and last time has been really special for us. We’re all also celebrating that they both retired this year!

I’d love to promise this will be a live trip report, but we will just have to see. Hopefully I can at least post a few photos during the day and then do more updates in the evenings/during breaks. Even if I get behind, I’ll try to give all the updates I can on how things go using Genie+/ILL/Rider swap, etc. I’ve loved following everyone’s trip reports here, so happy to finally contribute some of my own!

Breakfast at the hotel this morning:

25 Likes

Safe travels! What part of TN? I live north of Nashville.

#beyondjealous
Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s going to be an amazing trip!

2 Likes

We live just south of Nashville; I work downtown. My commute is only tolerable because I work 6AM to 6PM! :weary:

3 Likes

My DH works in Brentwood and we live in Clarksville and my son goes to school in Nashville so we know all about the traffic. It’s gotten so much worse since we’ve lived here.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I never ever pictured you living in TN. :rofl:

1 Like

Really? Maybe because I don’t have the accent? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think I just have you clustered with the other west coasters in my brain.

3 Likes

That makes sense.

2 Likes

Leaving Lake City, ETA to BLT 1030! The kids had an absolute blast with their cousins last night. Luckily, we were the only people eating indoors at the Panera by our hotel, because they just ran buck wild after being cooped up in the car all day. We all got some decent sleep and hotel breakfast, and I got us Jungle Cruise LL for 1225 and 7DMT for 1400.

Coloring before bed last night

14 Likes

So, while I’m here in the car re-optimizing my TP with our LL return times, I also decided to see what Genie would suggest for our day. I filled it all in as if I were genuinely planning to use it, all the attractions we have planned, and that we want to eat at Sleepy Hollow and CHH. The plan it spit back out to me is hilarious! Literally the only attractions on it are the two LL we already have booked! Otherwise, it tells us to do nothing but cavalcades and audio tours all day, eat at Friar’s Nook and Pinocchio Village Haus, then watch Enchantment. Definitely won’t be wasting my time even experimenting with that.

15 Likes

So funny, I thought the same thing!

ETA I’ve not met anyone in person so anyone could have any form of accent but from the trip reports I kept thinking the fab five are all from out west!

4 Likes

Just 2 of the 5 iirc. I actually don’t know where @Shanneepantslovesdisney hails from, so it might be 3 of the 5 now. When it was Fab 4, 2 were east, 2 were west.

I keep putting @93111tink in with the Five because of her friendship with @Wahoohokie, and Tink is very much a West Coaster too.

5 Likes

So two are from the west coast, two are from the east coast and then there’s me from the south.

5 Likes

@Shanneepantslovesdisney lives in PA, so another east coaster.

4 Likes

Hey, look at that! I had Tennessee above North Carolina-ish. I forgot how wide a state it really is!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Cuteness overload!

2 Likes

Right - because we can hear accents on the forum?

1 Like

Tennessee is everywhere…

2 Likes

It really is wide.

3 Likes