Interactive wands

I’m all-in on Hufflepuff now and I recently bought a really beautiful wand from the UK HP store:

It is not, of course, interactive. But I would really like to take it to Orlando and play with it.

As I understand it, there is nothing clever about the official interactive wands: they just have a UV reflecting dot glued to the end. There are various places on the internet where people have discussed making their own, and even YouTube videos demonstrating the efficacy of this.

I’d like to do the same, but am struggling to find a source for an appropriate dot. It seems to me that a great source would be someone’s broken interactive wand: prise the end off and glue it to mine. No idea where to find such a thing. (And, I believe, if you do break your wand, UOR will “repair” it for free.)

Anyone ever made their own?

4 Likes

I’m probably not being helpful again, but did you know that the roll out of interactive wands 2.0 is imminent?

I have no idea how the technology will change.

I’m hoping to get another use out of our current interactive wands on our July trip before they change over :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Also, your wand handle looks like a thistle.
I like it :laughing::scotland:

5 Likes

Did not know this. Please don’t tell my DH :joy: :joy:
Where did you hear this/

3 Likes

On here.
Probably the UOR planning thread :thinking:

Maybe @bebe80 or @darkmite2 will remember. I’m terrible at remembering what thread things have been posted on.

2 Likes

Or… (Hear me out)…

Glue it into your finger and leave the crowds awestruck as you master wandless magic :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

6 Likes

Yes. They are rolling out improved wands and expanding the places you can use them both in the existing WWoHP and for at EU.

It sounds like they are going to have motion detection capability built-in, and perhaps some kind of Bluetooth or similar technology to transmit this data. The current wands will still continue to work, but the new ones are supposed to unlock improved experiences.

7 Likes

Really??

Why was I panicking then?? :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

That reminds me of the guy who decided to biohack himself and embed a magic band puck into his arm, under the skin. :confused:

2 Likes

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

eta?

Haven’t made my own but have you seen the video where they use a pickle? It’s hysterical

4 Likes

The bit with silencio is hilarious :rofl::rofl:

But the TM right at the end is truly hysterical.
You wouldn’t get comments like that at Disney :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I saw a guy make a ring out of one of these so he could wave his hand as a wand!

Yep! They’re also add/improving the current wand spots to work with these too

That would be Jamie from Touring Plans!

2 Likes

Just curious- how have the lines/crowds been for this lately. My family is normally ride focused so we have yet to try the wand experiences. They always look so crowded.

My next trip is a no-rides for me - and I had planned to try it while family is on the coasters…

Are these running during early entry?
Is there a better time to check it out?

1 Like

Early entry is actually a great time to do it, because most folks taking advantage of EE for WWoHP are going to the rides. The wand experiences are generally fairly wide open early in the day.

7 Likes

Agree. We RD Ollivanders once and another time spent the EE doing magic. No crowds. I bet you could even be reasonably successful without EE with the magic as long as you RD.

4 Likes

They are always operating. They use a “passive” technology.

The morning, especially EPA, is the best time to do spells. Everyone else is doing rides.

Be aware that magic doesn’t like it when sunlight shines directly on the glass. Midday spell casting can be harder than normal. Have fun!!

3 Likes