Info J18

By “wet” it is that there are little spurts of water that sprinkle you with water if you aren’t in the right place at the right time. But it isn’t like riding Splash Mountain or Dudley Do-Right.

3 Likes

This iteration looks decidedly empty. It makes me nervous. It’s like… spontaneous or something. I’m going to be there the 21st-27th and was going to suggest we meet up, but I thought that would send you and your last plan into a corner, mumbling incoherently. I’m still not going to suggest it, mostly because my husband, kids and mother in law would not understand. Oh hey! meet this guy Matt I met on the internet! He’s perfectly harmless I promise! That would not set a good example for my 14 year old daughter, so I will refrain. However, if we do happen to see each other, I will smile in a non-creepy way and will not engage in any conversation. Because I’m from New York and that’s how you get yourself killed.

ps - going to BOG just for a cupcake is the best idea ever

14 Likes

Yeah not wet wet as @ryan1 said, Dry before you get off the ride wet. DS just thought it was hilarious.

When I started at the University of Michigan, I had a class with a mish-mash of people. One of them was a guy from NYC. The topic of conversation one day was about impressions of Ann Arbor. Me, coming from a rather rural area, felt Ann Arbor was huge and somewhat unfriendly. But the guy from NYC felt that Ann Arbor was the most friendly place he’d ever been, where people (strangers) might actually acknowledge you as a person from time to time!

5 Likes

Wow. If he ever made it down to the south, we might freak him out a little bit. We actually make eye contact and say “hi” to people as we pass them by on the street

2 Likes

My sister is in MI now and lives near Ann Arbor. It is beautiful there and totally friendly. I was initially distrustful of the random strangers being nice to me for no reason. ha!

3 Likes

Where I grew up, pretty much everyone knew everyone else, or if you didn’t, you could strike up a conversation as if you did. Moving to Ann Arbor was a step backwards in friendliness for me, even though it was only an hour away from where I grew up!

I have been to NYC a couple times. That’s where I learned they don’t speak English at all, but vocalize using car horns! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I died! :joy::joy:

6 Likes

It’s like that where we are now, in the small town my husband grew up in (about 2 hrs east of NYC). Not only do we know almost everyone, we’re related to them as well. I just walk around, smiling at everyone, in fear of offending Aunt Betty or Uncle Tom or Cousin Bob. Because if I do piss someone off, my husband will hear about it within 3 minutes. Prob before I even realize I’ve caused offense!

1 Like

Let the record reflect that I have made NO changes to the schedule in the last 24 hours.

Thought after seeing @Randall1028’s amazing photo of the view from his room at the Contemporary, I’ve been tempted to switch from the Poly.

But I won’t.

8 Likes

I have been wondering if you’ve been hiding out.

1 Like

This looks great. I love rides so the small amount of rides you have makes me twitchy. Especially using only two fastpasses at MK on Day 3. I like to do all attractions! But this looks like great food and lots of atmosphere!

1 Like

The previous iteration of the plan had no rides that day at all!

I couldn’t fit in three FPPs into the time I’d allocated, bearing in mind my desire to tour the hotels and the need to return to GF in time for the early starting dinner at V&A. (And I couldn’t think of what third FPP I’d want.)

Days 1, 3 and 6 are all at MK and include FPPs for BTMR, Splash, 7DMT, Space, Buzz and Jungle Cruise. Day 6 ends with Disney After Hours, which gives me the opportunity to ride pretty much anything with minimal queuing.

So I feel I’ll have achieved a reasonable balance of rides and atmosphere.

I’m all for it - I just have a hard time leaving FPP on the table. That is my own personal problem - trying to fit too much in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this is the reason I had such a major reorganisation of my plan. I felt I’d crammed too much in, and other posters reminded me that you can take scheduling too far and that it can be more enjoyable to schedule more lightly and stop to smell the roses.

4 Likes

I don’t see “smell the roses” listed in your plan. How will you know when to do that?

7 Likes

Good catch!

However perhaps he could use the bench trick. Every time he passes a bench he should sit down and just people watch; pretend they’re all on the People Mover and he’s waiting for an empty car.

1 Like

You people are driving me crazy.

Happy now?

8 Likes

Well, no. Because you said the schedule was final and had no changes in the past 24 hours. Now you’ve undone all that hard work. I just wondered, considering how it wasn’t listed on your plan, how you’d know WHEN to stop and smell the roses.

But now, you’ve proven you can’t go 48 hours without changing your plan. Who knows what’ll happen next!

3 Likes