Info for shade lovers at VB

Hello, we just returned from Universal yesterday and while at a Volcano Bay on Thursday I discovered two more free shaded structures that I did not know about so I thought I would pass along their location as I was happy to find info about them while planning. My in laws were impressed with our location when they joined us for the day!
This one was right across from exit of Kala & Tai Nui exit:

6 Likes

This one is right before the bridge that takes you from the Runamukka reef area over to Whakawaiwai eats/the locker rooms

3 Likes

There’s a nice one by Pugu Racers too

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much for sharing!

I just checked the official map from the UOR website and those 2 small structures are not added yet.

For reference, the 8 large shade structures are circled in red and the 2 small ones are purple.

For reference for others, below is what the large shade structures look like. They are first come first served, and have ceiling fans.

These 3 are in the rear of Wave Village, near the entrance:

These 3 are in Rainforest Village, at the entrance to the Fearless River:

These 2 are in Rainforest Village near the volcano:

(Adding small shade structure pictures below after finding good ones).

This is the one between Wave Village & Rainforest Village:

This is the one in River Village:

Here is a close up of a small structure, they have 8 lounger chairs:

1 Like

Yes, I should have clarified that the ones I found are in addition to the ones you have circled in red! We used one of the 2 across from oh yah/oh no. Oh and they have solid wood under the thatch roof to protect you from rain too!

2 Likes

There isn’t a shade building at Punga Racers, but there is so many trees and there is a large wall covered in vegetation for the Fearless River that it’s always shaded in that area.

1 Like

This is great info! Could someone please tell me what’s open during the early entry time? Would we be able to drop our stuff at one of these shady spots if we make it for early entry, or do we have to wait until the normal opening time? Thanks!

Here is what is currently listed on the website.

Yep, drop your stuff there on the chairs to reserve and go have fun.

1 Like

About 70% percent of the park is available. However, they keep the furthest areas like River Village Lockers / Taniwha Tube / Rainforest village, blocked off until opening. They aren’t fully staffed until then and don’t like people wandering around up there until opening either.

You should be able to find a good spot with this map!

1 Like

We did exactly this on Thursday. We were able to drop our stuff off in the second set of structures circled in red. There was a staff member informing us that we could not go beyond there as the rain forest area is closed but he did say we were able to grab seating in the area with the shade things. We were staying at Royal Pacific and got the bus that arrived just before 7:30 and ended up being first in line at one set of scanners to be checked in and immediately went to that area and then over to Krakatau. We went through the volcano as it is faster than going the whole way around waturi beach to get to the aqua coaster.

5 Likes

We set up camp right next to these in May. The shaded seats were all taken but we didn’t end up needing shade anyway, other than one of the umbrellas that we popped up to shield our towel bag in case of rain.

@bebe80 I didn’t realize they weren’t already on the map! I would have told you months ago! :rofl:

2 Likes

According to google maps, those 2 newer shade structures are smaller than the others. They actually look the same size a cabana. May work good for more of a private setting. Did you happen to get any ground pics of them?

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ll be able to persuade my teenagers to be up quite so early, so we might not make it for early entry, but I can try! We will be staying at the Hard Rock, so will be dependent on the bus. We have had one previous visit, 4 years ago, when we were staying at Portofino and it seemed to take forever to get to VB - we waited a long time for a bus to arrive, and then that bus also picked up at the Hard Rock. So we were not anywhere near getting there for early entry. This time we will try to get to the bus stop earlier!

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks!

Here’s my big tip to help you get into VB with minimal fuss…

It’s a bit trickier as you are at the hotel that is the furthest away from VB!

You are eligible to enter VB via the on-site hotel guests entrance at Cabana Bay Beach Resort! It may sound a bit odd, but if you’ll go to the CityWalk bus terminal you can catch a shuttle to CBBR. The private entrance to VB is close to the hotel bus drop-off. It probably won’t take you any longer than going to the main entrance & be much easier.

There’s rarely more than a dozen people waiting to enter at RD. If you come later there will be no one waiting!

I hate the main entrance to VB it’s unshaded and crowded for the first hour or so… :rofl:

3 Likes

If I’m staying at Aventura, should I still be walking over to CB to use their separate path to VB? This would be for rope drop.

I see the path from Aventura drops you with all the other resort guests coming off the buses. But I’m guessing I could still beat most of them? I guess it depends on what time the VB buses start running at the transportation hub…(Oh I guess I mean the other hotel buses!)

2 Likes

I am staying at Aventura in September and am wondering the same thing. I really hate that main entrance though. I am planning on trying it once though so I can give informed advice / opinions about it later.

I haven’t been able to suss out on any maps where the path is. All I know is that it leads directly behind Aventura and goes to the front entrance of VB

2 Likes

OK I agree. Since it is very handy, may as well try it. Especially if you get there very early. I guess one big difference is a small security check vs. the bigger main one. Kinda like the Water Taxi/Walking Path security vs. the bus and main hub security when you go to the parks.

I’ll be going at a less busy time, so that should help lessen the people.

I did find this helpful video, a walk from Aventura to VB.

1 Like

For me it’s how slowly the queue moves through the metal detection screening at the main entrance. It’s unshaded switchbacks with the sun on top of you with 100s of people waiting…

I loved the video. The path is quick, but it looks like you have to go through multiple gates that could be locked before RD

1 Like