Inexpensive or free activities not commonly mentioned?

I think they are still doing the 50th anniversary scavenger hunts at the resorts (don’t quote me, but they were doing them in august!)
Go to port orleans and take the boat around the river, stop and get beignets

2 Likes

If you don’t want to pay for Sanaa you could go to Jambo and get QS at the Mara. Harder to get good vistas at Jambo but there are overlooks and a section with staff talking about the animals.

I love Geyser point at WL. It is my favorite lounge/QS on property. Worth looking atound the lodge and can also catch electric water pagent and fireworks from there.

Speaking of which, if you time it right you cam also see fireworks at the Boardwalk. I love the corndogs there or Big River Grille is probably the cheapest TS on property.

3 Likes

@heathernoel reminded me that you can watch the fireworks from the bridge that leads from BW to EP.

3 Likes

I find there are plenty of quiet, hardly used public balconies off the hallways that would fit this bill nicely. There’s a particularly large one sort of just off the lobby but there are more all along the hallways and they have rocking chairs!

4 Likes

This is obviously fake news.

It would be $25.

6 Likes

We tried that at Movies in March and it was a bust lol. We will try one of the deluxe resorts and see if she likes it better. I don’t recall it being 50th though and was thinking well maybe they ran out of those sheets. I did tell her about the hidden Mickey one at WL.

There are also lots of scavenger hunts you could find online and print out to do.
Something else I saw Molly do from all ears is to buy a mystery pin and trade as many times as you can to get a specific character or pin. All the shops at the hotels have pin trading at the register. Might be fun to hotel hop and pin shop

1 Like

I saw on limegreens website that there is a Skyliner Scavenger Hunt that you can pick up at the Riviera. I love the skyliner so we will have to check that out!

2 Likes

Haha this is the differnece between visiting (Kidani) and staying (Jambo) because visiting you seek out the overlooks. Staying I jsut sat in my bed or balcony and watched!

Seriously though, at Jambo you can also walk around the pool area near the Mara and see the flamingos too, which I love.

2 Likes

Correction: this is the difference between staying with your family from whom you need a break and staying solo :wink:

They were driving me BONKERS that afternoon. So I snagged a bevvie from Victoria Falls and wandered, finding the loveliest most peaceful places!

4 Likes

That would do it too! :joy:

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. I lost track of all the updates at some point. We had to cancel two trips and never did make it back to WDW.

Has anyone mentioned hunting for hidden Mickeys? The Trackers have done a few youtube videos where they got a sheet from the front desk of one of the resorts and went looking for them. If your kid likes this, it could fill up a lot of time, and if not, at least it didn’t cost you anything.

3 Likes