Inexpensive or free activities not commonly mentioned?

I can’t speak to BEST, since I’ve only been to one. We were at the AKL villas to eat at Sanaa and enjoyed the viewing area right outside there.

1 Like

Ohh electrical water pageant is a good idea. What time is that usually at? Have to make sure I can make it back to movies using WDW transport.

I must have missed that, we walked outside but only went as far as the pool, will have to check it out. I’d love to stay there, but unless there is a DVC deal it isn’t happening this trip!

Are they still doing that? I thought it didn’t come back after the big shutdown.

My family had a special magic moment at the Electrical Water Pageant. We came out of a late dinner at 1900 Park Fare, probably made a wrong turn, and next thing you know, we were the only people on the beach watching the show go by. There wasn’t another soul in sight, so it felt like it was just for us.

1 Like

Yes, EWP came back after the shutdown.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

Since you are going with an 11 year old, there are some cheap eats around the Boardwalk area. My family likes the corn dog place but just know that they don’t accept magic bands so you would need to have cash or a credit card on you. It would be easy to pair that with mini-golf if you go to the Fantasia themed one over by Swan Reserve.

1 Like

Actually, the delay in it coming back was due to the work on the GF-MK walkway, not actually due to the shutdown. But it has been operational since then.

2 Likes

Definitely this. You can share the bread service or appetizers to make it more affordable. Make the adr for during daylight hours, though and ask for a table next to a window.

I always forget about @limegreenmonorail’s website with resort activities. I am dropping it here just for myself. https://www.magicalresortguide.com/

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to do gem mining at FT. Wilderness and DD wants to see the horses again at Tri-Circle D Ranch so we could probably find a lot to do at the Fort.

The Bay Lake performances are at the end. So you might be better off watching from the Poly and then going round to MK to get a bus back.

The Kidani outlook is right outside the very small Sanaa lounge. They have seats out there too. But all along those famous long halls are huge windows overlooking the savannahs so there are plenty of other places to watch from.

1 Like

If you don’t want to go the adr route, the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup on the new Boardwalk Deli menu has gotten good reviews. That might work if y’all wanted to go see the entertainment one night.

1 Like

Oh good to know!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

There is now a nominal fee ($4pp) to enter AKL if you are not a resort guest, or do not have a dining reservation.
Pricing changes based on the season. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Seriously :flushed: ?!?!!!

Don’t panic. Sarcasm alert activated.

2 Likes

Thanks. I missed the sarcasm emoji for some reason.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Fishing at POR

1 Like

If DD11 has any interest in Pokémon, the Pokémon Go mobile game app has tons of play locations around the resorts and boardwalk. It’s free (optional in-game purchases that it’s easy to skip) but can be data and battery intensive. Using Disney wifi to play is hit-or-miss.

Similar is Ingress, also made by Niantic that made Pokémon Go. It has a space alien theme. It is more of a niche user community, but can also be fun as a casual player. (I’ve found the “Enlightened”/green faction to be more friendly but YMMV.)

5 Likes