Inexpensive or free activities not commonly mentioned?

Archery at fort wildernesses. Not free but pretty cheap. Can rent bicycles there also.

2 Likes

You have to eat, so I would go interesting places for food. Doesn’t Wilderness Lodge have a fun QS? And Port Orleans? Maybe try the walk-up window at Beaches & Cream.

You could go to AKL and watch the animals from the public viewing areas. We booked TS there, but spent our wait watching the giraffes, and the platform wasn’t crowded at all. Resort entertainment staff invited us to a few activities even though we weren’t staying there.

Disney Springs is worth wandering through if you’ve never seen it. The outdoor Lego exhibits are impressive. Sometimes there’s live music, but I have no idea where to find out before you go. Also food.

You can view fireworks from outside some of the parks. Someone on here can advise you better than I can, or you can google “how to watch Disney World fireworks outside the parks” and get all kinds of suggestions.

1 Like

Question: are you a member of The Execs (to include Chapek and D’Amaro) posting under the guise of a guest so as to identify those revenue leaks that need to be stopped up???

18 Likes

The DVC community halls have crafts and games. Some cost a little money but worth checking out.

They have one at Kidani, Boardwalk, Saratoga, Bay Lake, maybe others,

Animal watching at AKL and resort activities there.

You could also find out what movies are being shown and on what nights at various resorts. I know the DIS keep a thread of each month’s resort activities. Could be fun to watch at different resorts.

I think many of the lounges do appetisers which might make a nice change food-wise.

2 Likes

OKW also has a community hall.

Also some resorts like WL and OKW have basketball courts, shuffleboard etc.

If you like Walt memorabilia both Riviera and Boulder Ridge are worth a visit, BRV for the Carolwood Pacific room with model trains and photos, plus there’s the Geyser and the Electrical Water Pageant that can be viewed from there.

2 Likes

There were ideas discussed in this thread not that long ago…

2 Likes

I do want to go to AKL, she’s never been. I have only been to Boma for breakfast. Where is the best viewing area? We saw nothing on that lookout right behind the lobby. But we really didn’t explore much there since we were eating also.

Thank you! I figured there was one but was too lazy to search for it. :joy:

LOL! I could only wish!!

I also have never been to beaches and cream and she loves a grilled cheese and myself tomato soup, so maybe i will make an ADR lol. She wants to go to Topolinos, but we’ve been there several times and this isn’t the trip for it. I thought about Ohana, she loves Stitch but again the price!

I can’t speak to BEST, since I’ve only been to one. We were at the AKL villas to eat at Sanaa and enjoyed the viewing area right outside there.

1 Like

Ohh electrical water pageant is a good idea. What time is that usually at? Have to make sure I can make it back to movies using WDW transport.

I must have missed that, we walked outside but only went as far as the pool, will have to check it out. I’d love to stay there, but unless there is a DVC deal it isn’t happening this trip!

Are they still doing that? I thought it didn’t come back after the big shutdown.

My family had a special magic moment at the Electrical Water Pageant. We came out of a late dinner at 1900 Park Fare, probably made a wrong turn, and next thing you know, we were the only people on the beach watching the show go by. There wasn’t another soul in sight, so it felt like it was just for us.

1 Like

Yes, EWP came back after the shutdown.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

Since you are going with an 11 year old, there are some cheap eats around the Boardwalk area. My family likes the corn dog place but just know that they don’t accept magic bands so you would need to have cash or a credit card on you. It would be easy to pair that with mini-golf if you go to the Fantasia themed one over by Swan Reserve.

1 Like

Actually, the delay in it coming back was due to the work on the GF-MK walkway, not actually due to the shutdown. But it has been operational since then.

2 Likes

Definitely this. You can share the bread service or appetizers to make it more affordable. Make the adr for during daylight hours, though and ask for a table next to a window.

I always forget about @limegreenmonorail’s website with resort activities. I am dropping it here just for myself. https://www.magicalresortguide.com/

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to do gem mining at FT. Wilderness and DD wants to see the horses again at Tri-Circle D Ranch so we could probably find a lot to do at the Fort.