Incredibles Themed Rooms at CR - Video and Pics

OK. OK. Just convincing myself that my next trip does NOT need yet another split

4 Likes

I would love to stay in these rooms. Sleek/cool/fun. Why do they have to be so darn expensive?

2 Likes

8 Likes

I LOVE this new room design!!! I wonder if @Randall1028 has an “Incredible” room right now??? I want to use some DVC points and stay at CR sometime w/ a park view. One day I WILL!

2 Likes

Is he staying at CR proper? I thought he was staying in BLT, which isn’t part of the redesign.

2 Likes

That guy, in the end, gets eaten alive by a dinosaur. I wonder if Chapek realizes this…

4 Likes

Oh… I wondered about that. So, DVC don’t have cool new “Incredible” rooms :weary:

1 Like

I don’t know if they will eventually, but they don’t yet.

2 Likes

Well BLT is much younger than the main CR.

1 Like

Blt Dvc doesn’t even have usb outlets.

3 Likes

What? That’s doesn’t sound very contemporary to me?!? :exploding_head:

ETA: Well, if there aren’t “incredible” rooms for DVC then I won’t waste a point there. Wait, there’s the park view though argh :weary:

2 Likes

We didn’t do a theme park view room, but we did 1 night in BLT last December to experience it. I’ll be honest, the room felt…not at all contemporary. It felt very dated. So, I do think they are in desperate need of being refurbed. As @Randall1028 noted, no USB outlets. Seriously? Yeah. Seriously. :confused:

2 Likes

Dvc refurbs are almost never the same as their hotel counterpart. Not to mention they operate on different refurb schedules.

3 Likes

Well… that makes sense. I must explore how to use DVC points in the main CR tower to have an Incredible room :face_with_monocle:

Rent out your DVC points and take the cash!

2 Likes

Have you stayed at BRV? THAT is my definition of desperate need of being refurbished. My daughter loved it because it felt like staying at your grandpa’s cabin in the woods!

People really hope they will pull on the Mary Blair artwork for the BLT refurbish.

1 Like

I haven’t, no. And I’m sure other places need refurbishing badly…but it just seems ironic that the place that is supposed to be themed after being “Contemporary” is actually rather dated.

I think the new Incredibles/Mary Blair conversion of the Contemporary is actually in some ways genius, because it makes it “contemporary” in a similar way that Tomorrowland is about the past’s vision of the future.

2 Likes

oh… sweet idea!!! Thanks! b/c I can’t ever justify spending cash on a room again.

2 Likes

I have always liked the CR. I stayed there in 1971 as a kid when it first opened (and 2 other times since). We actually did a split stay between CR and Poly in 1971. My mom wanted the whole experience I guess. I liked the CR best of the two b/c the monorail went though the middle, the rooms and hotel were so unique to me as a child.

3 Likes

I loved staying at BRV because the resort is so nice, but it was in bad shape.

Agree about the irony of something contemporary beingnwarn out, and using the Incredibles and Mary Blair. I thought these two would clash, but the use of color and the monorail to tie it all together is brilliant.

3 Likes