In search of chickens — a mother/son trip

We made it around World Showcase stopping at the countries that interested him — Mexico and Japan.

We had about an hour and a half before our early dinner. All of my suggestions were rejected :joy:. We went back to ride Soarin and the Land again. C3 for Soarin this time.

24 Likes

You are so right! He doesn’t comment much on chicken in quesadillas but much more with just chicken breast.

3 Likes

Very true. When he was younger and sheep were his thing he wouldn’t take a picture in the Moroccan pavilion at EP because they saw that the restaurant served lamb :grimacing:

2 Likes

We’d probably all change our habits if we knew more than we do.

2 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

My son is only 6. He hasn’t eaten meat since it was baby food puree. He’s always had an affinity for animals. (He’s also autistic.) We suspect that once he realized “chicken” on the table was the animal chicken in his picture books, it became a nope. That said, it’s hard to be sure because communication is a sstruggle and we don’t have a good grasp of his inner life.

I am 100% carnivorous, and grew up with fresh butchered meat, so it bothers me 0%. I could happily eat a bacon sandwich while watching a documentary about pig farming. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

This makes my heart so happy!!!

3 Likes

I have no problem eating steak for dinner :joy: Le Cellier :yum:

23 Likes

Forgot the pretzel bread!

22 Likes

I’ve got 10 chickens so far!!! This is an excellent start!

2 Likes

MMRR

It was his first time riding. His assessment:

I like that it is clever and like the use of animation.

I don’t like that it was too loud and they try to annoy you with the pushing and pulling back and forth.

Still loves Slinky Dog but that’s still the only ride he’s interested in at HS :scream:

23 Likes

Has he tried those foam ear plugs? Carly used to have to wear them on every ride.

3 Likes

And 16 ducks for the day!

@Julianne_fki

11 Likes

Yay for your trip finally being here! Wish I could be there, too :cry: but please have all the fun for me! I love your search for “hidden chickens” :grin:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hey, Steve! :wave:t2::wave:t2::wave:t2:

3 Likes

He doesn’t like anything in or on his ears :frowning: He’s fine missing out. I, thankfully, have wonderful Disney friends to do all the things with so it’s okay if I miss out too.

7 Likes

Me too :cry:

1 Like

Yes, you do! I would not be sad if the crowd levels you’re seeing carry through September!

1 Like

Me too! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like