In search of chickens — a mother/son trip

If you start to think of getting chickens, be aware that Chicken Math is as real as Disney Math.
But, chickens are awesome, so its OK.

6 Likes

Totally agree with Ben – I love the Pop. (But I call it the Dod because my friend Krisi and I were staying there and on our way back from Pleasure Island at about 2 a.m., the rug in the lobby was upside down and it said… Dod. And that stuck!)

I hope y’all have a lovely time!!! Can’t wait to see the final chicken count!

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

He’d love to have his own chickens. He even has favorite breeds. We are hoping that getting chickens of his own may serve as incentive to some day move out. Not likely but possible!

9 Likes

That’s a fun story! Wow Pleasure Island is a blast from the past.

Current chicken count 0 but the duck count is 3!

8 Likes

YAY!!! I love the skyliner picture!

Have all the fun…get the place already for us!

3 Likes

It’s finally happening! Yay!! Hope you two have a great trip. How does Ben feel about eating chicken? Because his Mom is always looking for fried chicken in WDW, since RI doesn’t have any. :rofl: I sense a conflict of interest…

8 Likes

Left up to me, I would run away screaming, but @OBNurseNH, inexplicably, likes what this fathead is serving up:

6 Likes

MORE DONKEY SAUCE PLEASE!!!

Its a good snack. It’s not “dining”. For the real deal it’s Homecomin all the way

4 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

I am not sure if she has tried Chicken Guy yet (I have not), have you @JustKeepSmiling? We went to Homecomin together back in January, and seems we also ate fried chicken at Skippers Canteen a different trip.

2 Likes

Unless one is set on quick service, this will always be the better option in my unsolicited opinion. Because one can have a Moonshine Mash, which is ideal in the middle of the day in summer. Also cake.

4 Likes

AP activated! I had canceled it during Covid but was able to get it back.

A note for parents with children 18 and older — identification with an address is needed for a Gold pass. They let it go since he’s had a pass previously but I was completely unprepared :pensive:

23 Likes

:rofl: He will eat chicken but says that he “can’t think about it.”

15 Likes

Nope. I’ve also heard the chicken at 50s is good and that’s on our list! I may have suggested it for the fried chicken :wink:

5 Likes

I’m the same way. The closer it is to it’s natural state the less appetizing it is to me. Fried chicken is gross, but chicken nuggets are delicious. Steak? There’s no animal called steak. Hamburger? Bacon? Ham? All fine.

4 Likes

Funny! In fairness probably most meat eaters are the same. I know I am.

3 Likes

My youngest doesn’t eat meat for the most part. I think it’s because he understood it’s origins way younger than most people.

2 Likes

It’s been a very productive day. It is not busy here at all which is really nice!

Sunshine Seasons for lunch — one of his favorites and it’s way too hot for food booths, for him anyway! The lack of dessert options is sad. Stupid Covid.

Posted 20 minute wait for Soarin but we walked right on including an empty concourse.

Living with the Land and fake chickens

I saw a bunch of new options on Spaceship Earth because I always choose leisure and he chose home.

Apparently the majority of people here are from Florida and the north east. There is some advantage to a late school start.

Test Track. My earth loving kid was going for maximum efficiency. This is one of the rides that points out the differences in my kids. His holy terror brother at home would have totally maximized power :joy:

22 Likes

And probably later than some. Like one of DD’s preschool friends had a pig named “Porkchop.” Since she could run, her job to was to catch the chicken to be butchered. Very unlikely for her to give up meat, particularly since her meat had a happy life.

2 Likes

Yup

My 15yo ds (who is autistic) originally started out not eating meat because of his sensory challenges. It was really hard for him to actually put that much effort into chewing/swallowing meat. As he got older, he then started questioning it based on the origin of the food. We can get him to eat an occasional homemade chicken finger, but only under duress and drowning in ketchup.

1 Like